Why should the customers have to supply the facilities for Rogers to do their business? I have to pay for my internet, my PC, my printer and supplies. Perhaps I can bill Rogers to cover my expenses!
I am appalled that I can not get a paper bill anymore!
I have emailed and talked to a rep and get the same old story how it is better for the environment going paperless, poppycock last I checked paper was very recyclable.
All other bills I receive as a home owner comes in paper and all them total is less that what I spend with Rogers.
If this is going to be the case I will be switching providers (hard to do after 30 loyal years with Rogers).
Not at all happy,
@cldlwp @Macey Quite some time ago I remember Rogers announcing going to paperless billing but customers who wanted to continue receiving paper bills by mail could do so for an extra charge. Then it was announced that seniors who presumably didn't use computers, could get the paper bills for free. Presumably those customers would pay by sending a cheque by mail or pay in person at their bank. Personally I think the "saving the planet" stuff is a load of SJW enviro-BS; The real reason is it would save Rogers some money. If someone really desires paper billing, for whatever reason, I'm sure they could take it up with Rogers up the chain of command. Paper isn't going away anytime soon. We have paper passports, make paper wills, etc, etc. You can safely store paper records for decades but digital records can be lost just like that. But now people are receiving fraudulent notices in the mail from "CRA" and other organizations, so even that isn't safe.
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment in our move to paperless billing. We understand that change is not always easy. Hopefully, you'll reconsider your decision to change providers as we'd love to keep you in the Rogers family if at all possible.
With online billing, we can provide you with more flexibility and a more simplified billing experience, while remaining environmentally friendly. Is there a reason why you’re not interested in online billing?
A few things I'd like to highlight about online billing:
I also want to add that if you absolutely have to have a paper copy for your records, the online bills are available in pdf format and can be printed at any time.
I hope this helps! 🙂
@RogersLauraI know it doesn't affect anyone on this board, but for someone without internet access, or someone choosing not to have it, how would they ever continue to receive and pay their cable bills?
1. ...last I checked paper was very recyclable.
2. All other bills I receive as a home owner comes in paper
1. Recycle is the worst option. Remember that, from an environmental standpoint, it's Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in that order with Recycle being just above throw away. Rogers is attempting to Reduce.
2. Unless you don't have access to a computer or other device like tablet or phone, then perhaps it's time to move all your bills to electronic. Remember that it's not just a piece of paper, but:
- printing and handling the bill by Rogers/biller
- a piece, or several pieces of paper for each of the bills
- an envelope for each of the bills
- a stamp for each of the bills
- a mail truck using fuel as well as a driver and vehicle depreciation to deliver the bills to your area.
- a mailman to deliver the bills to your home
- finally disposing of the paper (recycling or sometimes people throw them out because they don't want their name/address going into the recycle).
There is a cost for the first few items of the above list and if you wish your bills to keep going up more because of paper billing, perhaps that cost should be born by you and not by the other customers who are on electronic billing.
I'm sure that Rogers will make some sort of accommodation for the occasional person who doesn't have access to a computer, phone or tablet, but I suspect that there are very few of those left.
These are definitely some very valid concerns! As mentioned by @57, I would presume that most people do have access to the internet, but I understand this may not be the case for a select few.
Depending on the reason for the request, we can make special arrangements on a case by case basis. 😊