Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

Why should the customers have to supply the facilities for Rogers to do their business? I have to pay for my internet, my PC, my printer and supplies. Perhaps I can bill Rogers to cover my expenses!

I've Been Here Awhile

Cable only customers received only an automated voice message on their landline Rogers seems to be unaware of all phone scams that police have told consumers to ignore so of course cable customer would ignore voice message from Rogers. Rogers has not referenced going paperless on mailed cable bills dated January 2020 and February 2020.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am appalled that I can not get a paper bill anymore!

I have emailed and talked to a rep and get the same old story how it is better for the environment going paperless, poppycock last I checked paper was very recyclable.

All other bills I receive as a home owner comes in paper and all them total is less that what I spend with Rogers.

If this is going to be the case I will be switching providers (hard to do after 30 loyal years with Rogers).

Not at all happy, 

Mark Macey

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@cldlwp @Macey Quite some time ago I remember Rogers announcing going to paperless billing but customers who wanted to continue receiving paper bills by mail could do so for an extra charge. Then it was announced that seniors who presumably didn't use computers, could get the paper bills for free. Presumably those customers would pay by sending a cheque by mail or pay in person at their bank.  Personally I think the "saving the planet" stuff is a load of SJW enviro-BS; The real reason is it would save Rogers some money. If someone really desires paper billing, for whatever reason, I'm sure they could take it up with Rogers up the chain of command. Paper isn't going away anytime soon. We have paper passports, make paper wills, etc, etc. You can safely store paper records for decades but digital records can be lost just like that.  But now people are receiving fraudulent notices in the mail from "CRA" and other organizations, so even that isn't safe.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Hello @Macey,

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment in our move to paperless billing. We understand that change is not always easy. Hopefully, you'll reconsider your decision to change providers as we'd love to keep you in the Rogers family if at all possible.

With online billing, we can provide you with more flexibility and a more simplified billing experience, while remaining environmentally friendly. Is there a reason why you’re not interested in online billing?

A few things I'd like to highlight about online billing:

• You can access your bills anytime on rogers.com or through the MyRogers app. You won’t have to call us if you lose your bill or if it’s delayed or lost in the mail.
  • You receive an email notification as soon as your monthly bill is available online. The amount due is included in the email and you have 14 days to pay your bill.
  • You can review a summary of all your extra charges, usage and credits.
  • You can view up to 18 months of bill history and print them if you need them for tax purposes. That way you can avoid a $15 bill reprint fee.
  • You can view 12 months of payment history, so you don’t have to worry about keeping paper records.
  • You can make an instant secure payment with just a few clicks.

I also want to add that if you absolutely have to have a paper copy for your records, the online bills are available in pdf format and can be printed at any time.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersLauraI know it doesn't affect anyone on this board, but for someone without internet access, or someone choosing not to have it, how would they ever continue to receive and pay their cable bills?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Macey wrote:

1. ...last I checked paper was very recyclable.

2. All other bills I receive as a home owner comes in paper

1. Recycle is the worst option.  Remember that, from an environmental standpoint, it's Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in that order with Recycle being just above throw away.  Rogers is attempting to Reduce.

2. Unless you don't have access to a computer or other device like tablet or phone, then perhaps it's time to move all your bills to electronic.  Remember that it's not just a piece of paper, but:

- printing and handling the bill by Rogers/biller

- a piece, or several pieces of paper for each of the bills

- an envelope for each of the bills

- a stamp for each of the bills

- a mail truck using fuel as well as a driver and vehicle depreciation to deliver the bills to your area.

- a mailman to deliver the bills to your home

- finally disposing of the paper (recycling or sometimes people throw them out because they don't want their name/address going into the recycle).

There is a cost for the first few items of the above list and if you wish your bills to keep going up more because of paper billing, perhaps that cost should be born by you and not by the other customers who are on electronic billing.

I'm sure that Rogers will make some sort of accommodation for the occasional person who doesn't have access to a computer, phone or tablet, but I suspect that there are very few of those left.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have parents who are both Senior Citizens who are retired and who do not know how to do online billing nor online banking, my mom likes to pay her bills at the teller or ATM or even the Roger's Plus store in person. she is old, she wont change her ways no matter how hard companies try to push her to change, so companies like rogers need to Back Off.

Rogers already captured her email address at an earlier time and added it to her account and now spam her with useless stuff and notices, they may very well do what enbridge consumers gas(union gas) did and force people who have an email on their file to paperless billing which is NOT right in my humble opinion

Highlighted

Hey @OLDYELLR,

These are definitely some very valid concerns! As mentioned by @57, I would presume that most people do have access to the internet, but I understand this may not be the case for a select few.

Depending on the reason for the request, we can make special arrangements on a case by case basis. 😊

Cheers,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I havent received my bill for this month yet..... is it still coming by paper?