Over the phone offer - Confirmation?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Over the phone offer - Confirmation?

Not sure where to put this but here goes. I was called the other by a guy who said the internet in my building had been upgrading, and that my internet package (currently the 150u, not bundled) would be upgraded to a 500u with 100TV channels. I initially though this was a scam so I pretended like I had to go and hung up. Today though, I received an email from the person with my current package details, saying 

"

As discussed, your current plan:

Rogers Ignite 150 mbs unlimited

We are upgrading your existing package to the following package:

Rogers Ignite 500 mbs Unlimited usage (include 1Gigabit modem)

Select TV with 100+ channels (include 1 HD box)

$69.99/month plus tax

Prior pickuping up your new 1 Gigabit modem and HD PVR, please contact us directly for further instruction.
"

I don't remember giving out my info, and it didnt sound like a legit Rogers agent. Looking further into this, I learned that they have a store close by, with google street view showing a rogers billboard outfront. Furthermore, the person's title is "Rogers Local Concierge/Advisor" which I've never heard of.

Anyone able to assist with this?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Over the phone offer - Confirmation?

@NicolasC I can't speak to your situation regarding the upgrade, but, apparently the "local" Rogers stores are no longer owned or operated by Rogers even though they have the appearance and corporate branding of Rogers Inc.  If you didn't ask about who they work for, you wouldn't know, if you even thought of asking the question.  They have been sold to another company, can't remember the name at the moment.  I went in recently to replace a phone and was advised of the change in ownership and operator. In a nutshell, looks like another company has access to your personal information without your knowledge.  Moderators, any comment on this situation?

Good afternoon @NicolasC and welcome to the Community Robot Happy!

It's definitely better to verify before any changes are made.

Couple of questions to clarify: Are your cable services included with the building? Also, the address you received the email on, is that the same one as your MyRogers credentials? Just as an FYI, we do have Concierge reps, but they are dedicated to assist customers with move related inquiries. 

I would recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look into your account. 

If you're not familiar with our private messaging system please visit the blog here

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers outsourced connection offers - deals

So I started up a new account after I moved to get a deal with Rogers.

Low and behold after 2 weeks another company who they say are affiliated with Rogers (SDF Data or something like that) calls to offer the same package for internet I have at at GREATLY reduced cost.  So instead of $70 its going to be $24.

Can Rogers just match this price on my current connection or do I have to cancel and then get these guys to hook up the account under their offer?  Seems like if you (Rogers) are farming out these deals you can just get it applied to my account for the same price if I get some kind of confirmation from this new source?

thanks in advance for any answers.

I've Been Here Awhile

So are these offers valid or can Rogers help us and match a price like this by messaging the concierge???

Good morning @bulost,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

Do you have a call back set up with the rep. you spoke to over the phone? As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's always best to verify details before making any changes. In your instance, contacting concierge won't apply. However if you'd like you can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can review your account for any potential offers. 

Check out this BLOG on how our private messaging system works Robot Happy.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

So if a Rogers affiliate vendor sets up a connection they should be able to provide a Rogers confirmation number of some sort right?

This company is saying that I need to cancel my current internet before they can do anything.  Seems fishy??

@bulost, any valid offers made from Rogers would be documented on the account. Typically the reps. provide an interaction ID or a reference number in case a customer wants to call back to accept an offer. Like I said, I'd be happy to review the account to see if there is any such documentation on your account.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

I chatted to a representative online and he said that S&P Data is a valid vendor with Rogers.  So I think I will go ahead with getting the package they are offering.

Thanks!