Outbound Caller ID / Username for share everything plans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Outbound Caller ID / Username for share everything plans

I have recently set up 3 phones with a share everything plan. The first line is mine and the other two for family members. How can I change the name on the other two lines so that the name display is not mine when the other 2 are making calls?

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: Outbound Caller ID / Username for share everything plans

Hi @Mike000,

Thank you for posting your concern and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I believe you are referring to the username for that specific cellphone number.

In order to complete your request we need access to your account information. I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Hey Community, if anyone else has similar inquiries feel free to send out a message to @CommunityHelps or reach us @RogersHelp on Twitter.

Thanks,
RogersShakir

I'm a Senior Advisor

This feature for naming our different phones for name display was a feature on MyRogers prior to the upgrade back last June.

It along with other features, such as marketing features, and being able to change and choose available phone numbers were all available on line -

Is there any intent to put them back - can this also be done on a phone call to a CSR?

Is there any intent to put back what was taken off the online rogers back last June?

What used to be a simple online process is now gone.

Bruce

I'm an Advisor

Agree with everything @BS just said. These options need to be returned to the portal ASAP. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't know if things have changed, but when I activated a line a couple years ago, the store sales associate asked me if I wanted a different "user name" for my second telephone number, during the activation process. He also mentioned that customers can call in and change it at a later time if they wish.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Never even knew it was possible until they put it on line - not once in all the years of having 4 phones did a rep ever mention it as an option.

Bruce

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

It isn't usually brought up unless a customer mentions it specifically.

I've Been Around

Changing Device Name on MyRogers Account page;

I am trying to change each device name on MyRogers account, I have 3 phone lines and would like to name them accordingly however they are all named the same (my name as the account holder). Can I change this to name them after who is using them?? Thank you

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hello @akamath1982

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for reaching out for your inquiry.

This is called a Username or Outbound Caller ID, once this is updated on the account. It shows up on myRogers as you described, identifying each number and it also is the outbound caller ID, so when the user of a specific number calls, the receiving end sees that name on their Caller ID.

I will have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you via private message. You can respond to this private message by clicking on your avatar on top right of this page and then clicking the envelope icon or you can click here which will directly take you there.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I've Been Around

Changing Device Name on MyRogers Account page; I am trying to change each device name on MyRogers account, I have 2 phone lines and would like to name them accordingly however they are all named the same (my name as the account holder). Can I change this to name them after who is using them?? Thank you