I just feel the need to vent and let everyone know how "great" is the loyalty department at Rogers.
I ordered a new phone through the loyalty department at the end of November. Within a week the phone arrived and it was not working properly. When I called and asked about how to proceed, I was told I can go to a store and exchange it. I went to a store and the manager told me they don't exchange phones not purchased through their store, that I need to ship it back to Rogers. So I called back Rogers from the store and they said yes, sorry for the wrong info, but I have to ship it back and they will send me another one. I did just that and after about a week I started calling to see if they got the phone and if they shipped the new one. For 4 days I was told they didn't receive it and on the 4th day they said they received it 3 days ago, but didn't ship a new one since I had to order it again. I did just that and after another week of waiting for the phone to come I called again and they told me it was out of stock, but I can pick one up in store. So I went again to another store and the manager didn't even want to look into his computer, he said he doesn't have access to customer files and can't give me a phone. Therefore I called again Rogers and they told me the phone is in stock and I can get it within a week. So I cancelled my previous order and placed a new one. After another week I called again and I was told that my order was never placed. SO I was upset and filed a complaint with them and I am still waiting for someone to call me back about it.
And I was charged for the phone that I don't have/own yet on the December 6th invoice.
Anyone had a similar experience and wants to share the conclusion with me?
I understand all that, but what I don't like about all this is the following:
- Why the customer service reps tell you to go to a store if they know you can't get what you want in the store. I have a life like everyone else and don't want to waste my time on useless trips.
- Why they said they will send a new phone back when they receive the defective one since they know they won't, why they don't simply say you have to call us back to order a new device.
- On the website it says that a manager will contact you in 2-3 business days, Monday Dec 30th and Tuesday Dec 31 st were 2 business days for me, I worked both days. I know yesterday was a day off for everybody.
- If the phone is out of stock, why the reps don't tell you is out of stock. I might have ordered a different phone or not expect my phone within a week.
- Is the system going to get fixed and maybe allert someone that an order was not properly placed? We also have a life and would like things to go as smoothly as possible in our life. I wouldn't have minded someone calling me to let me know there was a problem and it will be fixed.
- Yes, I figured I will be reimbursed the money I paid for the phone, but for a month Rogers enjoyed the benefits of my money and I didn't. I could have used that money for one more gift for my kids for Christmas or anything else.
1) some reps are known to give out the wrong info. This happens with all carriers i have noticed. It seems either some reps are new and have no clue and or some are not even trained properly. Again this all comes down to thr training.
2). They do send one out BUT in order for them to do it, they will need to receive the device, have a tech check it out for any damage that could be on it and once the tech gives the green light per say, the reps should automatically send one out OR they should send one out when they see Rogers has it. Again this all depends on many things. If the device is in in-stock, if the rep saw it was returned, if the tech has it and such.
3). Many companies like Rogers, Bell and Telus on December 31st and December 24th are short days. This means they only work let say 9-3 or 9-1 for instance. Within the time they were in for those times, they could have been very busy, you aren't the only one asking for a manager. Every call center has limited managers that work especially during the holidays. Remember also that not all companies are like yours. Most are closed or open for a few hours. Rogers call centers closed a 5pm in Tuesday. If u wish to complain about this too, you can complain about it when u speak to the Office of the President.
4). The system has this issue where it will show the phone in Stock meanwhile in the ware house its not. I have seen this many times and even my own family which works for Rogers has said this. The reps go by what screen in front of them say. If the screen says " in stock" they see that and out a order. Its all different in the warehouse tho. No rep or manager can see the actual amount in the warehouse.
5). I have asked for this many times. The system has been having issues with this for years and again other carriers have the same issue. I have been reading about this on bell, Virgin, Fido, Telus and such. They all seem to have the same problem when coming to ordering and in instock. I am guessing they are all using the same system which needs to be fixed asap.
6). They don't enjoy the money until they have it lol. Basically u still have the money unless u paid for it. Also remember you aren't going to get a cheque or Cash money, they will be crediting your account unless u ask for a Cheque.
All in all, your complaints are valid. They need a better system and the reps need more training. What i would suggest is speaking to a manager over the phone, if they do not help u get the interaction number of that phone call and file a complaint with the Office of the President. It will. will take 1-3 business days if not a bit more to get a answer from them.
Hmmm, why do you keep those reps if they are known to give out the wrong info. Surely you can find other people, if not you could give them a better training. That would improve your image with the customers and you will see less unsatisfied people like me.
I know the other providers have the same problems, I've been thorugh a similar situation with Bell a few years ago and changed to Rogers and here I am, stuck again. Lucky me!
I actually paid the invoice right away, so yes, Rogers did enjoy my money for the past 3 weeks.
I know I can complain again or wait for a manager to call me, eventually. Maybe if you would train your reps better, you would save money by having less managers dealing with less issues.
I don't work for Rogers so i can't do anything sadly. I do agree with u 100% tho. They all need more training and need to be watched on what they say to customers.
I have a Bell phone and 2 Rogers wireless phones and know exactly how it is as well. Hmm okay well u should be getting the credit / money within the next invoice..
Again managers are there to fix issues reps are causing. Even training reps, some reps will still do it. Believe me i have recorded reps saying they are trained yet give false information. Sadly managers are there for this reason and many other reasons.
Hopefully it gets all resolved and you can get your phone and hopefully they give u something for this inconvenience.