cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered new phone online, waiting for return box package - Rogers Used Incomplete Address

SlyM
I plan to stick around

Ordered a new phone for my niece and received it this week. Now waiting on the return package so I can ship back the old phone. Received  a phone call from Purolator advising that they couldn't deliver because Rogers provided an incomplete address and I was advised to call Rogers, who would have to call Purolator to add my suite # to the address.

Called Rogers and waited over an hour to get a human, told her what happened and that Rogers had to call Purolator to update the address. After speaking with the agent for 30 minutes giving details, she said she had to transfer me to another dept who handles that specific issue. Waited almost 2 hours more and then finally had to hang up.

Few questions:
Can I just take the returned phone to a Rogers store to return it, because this is ridiculous?
Will I get more time to return the phone now because of this delay?
Is it an issue if we don't have the iphone box that the old phone came in (my niece can't find it)?
Can someone at Rogers advise what department to ask for when I finally get the first human so I don't have to waste their time and mine (or what voicemail . button I should select to bypass the general inquiry dept)?

*** Edited Labels ***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ordered new phone online, waiting for return box package - Rogers Used Incomplete Address

RogersCorey

Greetings @SlyM!

I am sorry for the difficulties you've encountered with this return. While you can't return it to a store since you ordered it online, we can help with a return right here over the forums.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Ordered new phone online, waiting for return box package - Rogers Used Incomplete Address

SlyM
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey wrote:

Greetings @SlyM!

I am sorry for the difficulties you've encountered with this return. While you can't return it to a store since you ordered it online, we can help with a return right here over the forums.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thanks...I just private messaged Community Helps. Hope this can be resolved because it looks like the date I have to return the phone by is Jan 30th and that clearly isn't going to happen.

SlyM
I plan to stick around

All that got me was being advised to call the Sales Exchange Line again, the same line that I've already called and been online with through holding for 3 hours (save for a 30 minute conversation to take all the information) but can't get through to because the wait times are too long. The same line that I tried calling the next day but the wait times just for the general inquiries person who would then transfer me to the sales exchange team was over 2 hours.

So because I can't get through to a human that can actually help me, I'm going to have to pay the remaining amount of the phone that I just wanted to return because the phone is due back by tomorrow. All because Rogers used an incomplete address. Brilliant customer service. Top notch. 🙄

SlyM
I plan to stick around

Update: This Morning - Called again (same # I was advised to call originally - 1-877-224-9832). On hold, but only for 25 minutes this time. Progress? Spoke to a nice guy who said he'd give me the direct # to the department that could help. Great! Jotted it down, not really paying attention to the number except to make sure I wrote it correctly.

IT WAS THE SAME NUMBER THAT I HAD BEEN CALLING ALL ALONG!!

Can someone please tell what series of buttons I should push so I get the right department, the department that handles returning old phones. New sales? Return a new phone? Cancel service? Change address? Or general (which is what I've been basically doing)?

Hello @SlyM!

Thanks for the PM! We appreciate your patience as we look into this matter for you. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation