One Solid Hour of my Time for Rogers Live Chat Agent to Resolve Billing Issue.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

One Solid Hour of my Time for Rogers Live Chat Agent to Resolve Billing Issue.

This is ridiculous.  We work.  We don't  have time to waste.  I spent one solid hour online with a live chat rep in order to get Rogers to fix my bill.  I provided that person with a chat transcript from a former live chat agent that indicated the problem.  I have not received even once a bill that was correct.  And now, ONE SOLID HOUR.  I asked to be bumped up to a supervisor but that request was not even acknowledged.  I have this all in a new chat transcript.  Rogers has to start doing better than this or I am switching to Bell.  Why should I have to spend so much of MY time to fix THEIR error?

*** Edited Labels ***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: One solid hour of my time for Rogers live chat agent to resolve billing issue.

While I am at it, here is another rant.  A couple of months back I contacted live chat for a billing issue and the agent told me he had no record of the information I was providing.  He then got rather snarky with me.  In the end I gave up with him.  I went to my email and got the chat transcript to prove my point, got another agent, and got the situation resolved.  Does the left hand have any clue that a right hand exists at Rogers?  How can it be that the live chat transcripts come to my email but the agents cannot see them?  Just how much time does Rogers expect customers to spend of their own valuable time to correct Rogers' mistakes?  Does Bell treat their customers this shabbily?  I am asking because we have Bell service here and since I have a Rogers plan that did not come with my phone, I am seriously considering switching.  Rogers seems unable to keep track of bonus data, and having service reps tell you that they can't find your info or who keep you in chat for a solid hour to fix a small problem is just ridiculous.  Are all of these companies this bad?

Re: One solid hour of my time for Rogers live chat agent to resolve billing issue.

Hello @judyh,

Having to spend an hour of your time trying to get a Billing issue resolved is definitely not ideal, I can imagine how frustrating this experience must have been for you.

We'd like to take a closer look at this to try to find a solution to this matter. Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your information and get started on this.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@judyh wrote:

1. Does Bell treat their customers this shabbily? 

2. Are all of these companies this bad?

1. Yes, often worse.  Bell is probably one of the worst customer service companies in Canada.

2. Many are, unfortunately.

I have found that the "Share a concern" people to be quite reliable and typically respond quickly, replying as requested.  For something complex like billing, I rarely do it electronically, electing rather to speak to a person.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

I have also found the community helps people on this forum to be very helpful. Send them a PM as instructed earlier.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that info.  The only reason I use the live chat option is so that I have a transcript of my interaction with the agents.  I certainly hope that these companies are working to improve their services so that customers do not have to phone or chat just to get what they pay for.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, i have had ZERO luck ever with a live chat person.. either they dont understand whats going on, or not able to 'do' whatever I am asking.
Personally, i would never use it.

Call in is usually my first course.
I seem to be lucky in this regard.. even when calling in prime evening times, I am usually never more than 10 on hold (where some people on here say they are waiting an hour plus).

Contacting them via Facebook/Twitter, is actually a great option as well.  I have used this a number of times.
It kind of is like the live chat..  and can take TIME (longer) to do.
But the nice part is compared to the live chat, you dont have to keep it open, etc.  You will get the new FB message when they reply, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had not thought about using FB. I shall try that next time. Thanks for that uggestion.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree with @Gdkitty about live chat. Calling in is much more painless. I can just put the phone on speaker and go about my business. I'm not a Twitterer, but the Rogers Facebook page is quite good and if the agent can't answer you, someone who can will get back to you.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not one word from Rogers to explain any of my issues or to ask me for further info.  The only responses I have had are from the people who volunteer on this forum. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@judyh  It is disappointing to hear that you went through this hassle as so many others have too.  You have done your due diligence to attempt to document as best you could with the chat.  I am confused by the statement about the chat person not knowing what you were talking about. I had always thought that they could see the previous chat.

A couple of things to do though-  in every interaction, whether phone, chat, FB, here directly to community helps or twitter, always get an interaction ID and the name of the person.

I probably just thought they had access to the transcript because I always have my transcript in hand and begin by reading a summary of what is in the transcript.

I have had mixed results with all interaction types, and I tend to stick to phone for service changes and billing discussions.  I take my own notes, and confirm with them that my understanding from my notes is theirs, then I and I ask what they intend to  put in their notes, and I note that too.  If there is a promise made, or quote, I actually then go to chat and get them to type out what is on the notes.

If it differs, I confirm the differences and then move it to reporting a concern with a call back from management or President's office.

Even if the issue has been resolved, I personally would still write it up, and include the chat notes and send it to the link provided on how to send a concern.  The issue may be resolved, but what they promote as the end to end customer experience has not sounded like a good one.

There are surveys out there on the companies, and if I recall that the big companies rank that high, although Telus tends to be up near the top, with Rogers and Bell in the bottom with Bell generally last. Unfortunately, and I am not excusing what happened, it seems that big corporations often do not deal with customer issues well anymore.

And welcome to the forum.  Glad you found support here. Hopefully your next bill and future bills will be accurate.

Bruce