cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation email, no simcard after accepting winback offer

traz
I've been here awhile

Long story short: I recently switched to another carrier. As a result of that, 5 days ago I get called by Fido/Rogers winback team and was presented with a Rogers offer. I accepted it, went through all steps on the phone. Account got created. I was told that I would be getting an email confirmation in 1-2 days and immediately after, I would be receiving the simcard.
Now 5 days later, no email, no simcard. I contacted Rogers customer service yesterday to no avail, saying the offer is "in the system but not processed". The CSR could not do that himself, and said winback team has to do and he put a note on the file for them to fix/get back to me. Well, nothing happened, so I am thinking to cancel all that unless I get all sorted out this week, it's a joke to me this level of poor customer service.

Is it normal for things to take so long for these winback offers? Is there anything else to do at this point?

Because I am not planning on wasting time again with CSRs and phone calls, and if they wake up in 2 weeks ++, and process everything then, I will just cancel at once It's maybe an omen to just stay away from Rogers & co.:(

**Added Labels**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: No confirmation email, no simcard after accepting winback offer

kaycam
I've been around

The same thing happened to me.  I came to Rogers from a Chatr promotion. They said the SIM card would arrive within 2–5 business days. Then they immediately cancelled my account as soon as it was created. I asked why, and was told to call the Fraud department. Fraud department said I had to go into a Rogers store to show ID and then my account would be reinstated. I already gave my 2 pieces of ID over the phone when talking to the rep. 

Could the rep have told me to go into a Rogers store and show ID, instead of cancelling my account and now having to call Fraud, and now being told to go into a store to show ID???

Good evening @kaycam,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention and can understand the disappointment caused by this matter.

Experiencing trouble getting your SIM card after agreeing to your new line plan can surely be frustrating. However, I believe your line with the chosen price plan will be activated following the validation.

For precautious reasons, some customers will need to show additional identification and/or proof of address in order for us to allow an activation to go through. Did you get in touch with the advisor of the Fraud department in charge of your case?

If it is because the Rogers retail location is too far away from where you reside that you are unable to go in store to complete the validation process? At times, it can be faxed in, however, you would need to verifiy alternatives with the person in charge.

Please, let us know if this has evolved since you posted!

With regards to your situation @traz, I sincerely apologize for the delayed reply. 

Have you received your SIM card and completed the activation of your line?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance. Thanks!

RogersMaud

traz
I've been here awhile

Yes I have, long ago (original post is from July...).

ankitjshah
I've been around

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, can you share your timeline? 

I'm in a similar situation and haven't heard back anything after a winback call.

How long did it take before you received a confirmation email and a sim card?

traz
I've been here awhile

It took ~ 2-3 more days after complaining to Rogers customer support as indicated in original post. So all in all, about a week.

Same thing is happening to me. I am on freedom plan and rogers winback offered me a 45$ for 20gb unlimited plan plus s23 ultra for 68$ per month with an additional 300$ credit. I took the offer and they told me i will get a confirmation in 24 hours and the device withing five days as its in stock. But guess what no email nothing. When i contact rogers support they tell me the order is there but we cant process it by ourselves. Like totally rogers service. If I don’t get it i might as well cancel the device and plan on arrival and never activate it.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation