No ROAM LIKE HOME for Cuba...?!?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

No ROAM LIKE HOME for Cuba...?!?

Traveling to Cuba next week and just realized that ROAM LIKE HOME is not available in that country with Rogers for some reason! But guess what... Koodo and Telus offer on their EASY ROME service for 12$ a day. Bell Mobility also has a travel package for Cuba.

And Rogers: 2.50$ a min!!! 1.50$ per mb and 0.75$ per text.... So a Gig during a week of vacation would cost 1500$ but the Canadian Telus customer sitting next to me on the beach will spend 12$ a day using whatever data is allowed on his plan!

Seriously Rogers, you guys are the biggest cell phone company in Canada, could you please wake up and get with the program on this one, this is unacceptable!!! And please Rogers, don't reply to this post saying that "we continually try to improve our service so please stay tuned for exiting new upcoming features"...

***Edited Labels***

Re: No ROAM LIKE HOME for Cuba...?!?

Good evening and welcome to the Community @Maxliv,

I personally make great use of Roam Like Home whenever I am travelling. I realize this is disappointing news for you. We are constantly working with our partners globally to bring you coverage in as many destinations as we can; however, at this time there are no plans to expand Roam Like Home to Cuba.

I hope this helps!

Have a great trip!

RogersZia

I'm a Reliable Contributor

And that is on the list of reasons I do not have my cell service with Rogers. 

Virgin has 1gig for $75 for Cuba along with other travel packages.  

Have a good time in Cuba.

I've Been Around

I’m really concerned with Rogers, they pioneered this whole RoamLikeHome program and now it seems as though the competition have not only caught up but are steaming ahead. Our family goes to Cuba every year and my bill is over $1800 when we do because of work related issues I need to deal with when I travel. It costs more than my all inclusive 5star ticket and that barely gives me enough data to check my email. Rogers reasons back in the day were capacity for service in Cuba. I can tell you that service is much improved with fiber access on the island. Last excuse was Cuba doesn’t pay their bills... I’m hopeful they will re-introduce something before I switch carriers, as everything else with Rogers has been great. 

I've Been Around

Well Rogers should have a plan seeing all other cell phone providers have one.
I travel to Cuba all the time and can’t use my phone unless I have wifi.
Reasons like this is why customers leave and find other cell phone providers.
I've Been Around

Now you can access a Cubacel sim card 40CUC and add 4GB 30CUC. Best option. I travel every couple months and need my internet for business. Hope that heps

I Plan to Stick Around

Isn’t the cubacell sim only for locals?