cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone Service While Roaming Internationally

rs32
I've been around

no internet and no phone service with rogers we roaming international.. any idea why?

** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No Phone Service While Roaming Internationally

MrFrustrated
I've been around

Likely because of the Canada-wide outage, and your devices cannot talk back to the Rogers services in Canada. Best of luck...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I too heard the same thing the outage in Canada caused issues for Rogers customers roaming abroad. Their phones were not able to send text messages, calls were not going thru and had trouble calling back to Canada due to the severity of the outage in Canada.  everything talks back to the home network so if the home network was down, then that explains your problem.

Ericspikey
I've been around

Must leave this unreliable telecom provider, the line for my wife and myself were disconnected and no signal in france during our trip. We cannot drive our car as we cannot connect to the map. Also cannot call anyone as our phones not work in France. Totally isolated in foreign soil. Bye rogers and will go to Bell . Hopeless company

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ericspikey wrote:

...We cannot drive our car as we cannot connect to the map. ...

I always download Google maps offline onto my phone and iPad for the area(s) I'm visiting before leaving home.   This can be used without a cell/data connection, etc.  There are some features/details (like traffic) that are not available this way, however, I can still use navigation and even prepare the route in detail via WiFi in my hotel before leaving for the day.  I don't have data on my Rogers pre-paid phone and this works fine for me.

Another option is to purchase a SIM for a local service provider. For $20-30 you can usually get enough service for your vacation, which may be less expensive than roaming with Rogers, depending on how many calls, texts, data you need during your visit to that area.

There's nothing to say Bell will be more reliable since they also have had issues on the past.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation