New infrastructure/ lines in area.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

New infrastructure/ lines in area.

I have tried all other avenues, and no one at Rogers seems to know. Currently, I live in Richardson Woods (Pennycross lane off of Richardson side road in Ottawa) and for years we have been told that cable and high speed internet will be brought to this area. So for years, we have been waiting, and nothing has happened.

Well, a new division is being built just 300 feet south west of us, and we see all this new fiber being laid (Orange conduit). We have been told by people building in this area that they are getting wired internet.

Why was our area bypassed? The first company to bring wired here will get a huge influx of customers.

Can anyone tell me if they plan on backtracking and bringing us this service? or are we being ignored?

Dan

I'm Here A Lot

Re: New infrastructure/ lines in area.

Yup, ignored. Canada is quickly falling behind many 3rd world countries on connectivity and on service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The reason is likely before the lots were divided up, the developer paid to have the infastructure laid down, and divided the cost equally and incorporated it into the subdivision costs since the subdivisoin is being constructed new, it costs much less to lay the fibre and dig.

an already existing subdivision that has no cable or telephone, will have to front the costs to lay the infastructure underground (or overhead)  weather people in the community want it or not.  you see, there will always be neighbours who dont want it, and refuse to share the infastructure costs, so something has to be worked out, since the cable company is not going to spend money to lay infastructure if people arent going to tap into it.   

I've Been Around

Ontario ignored? Shoot, I live in New Brunswick and here in Atlantic Canada and we don't have the infrastructure you guys from Ontario on to have the next box 3.0. This side of the country is ignored heavily. We are lucky we got the guide update and that's it. I get the lines are getting worked on now for the iptv that they have in conjunction with Comcast with their x1 platform, but the point of this rant, if you will, is how is one side of the country good but the other side bad. I get we on this side, doesn't have the numbers jn population, compared to say Quebec, Ontario and past that, but still we should have the meansame to utilize the technology advancements from that way. Such as the ability to record 8 shows instead of 2 and still able to watch TV, instead of having to move to another room to watch TV while the box is garbled with forced watching of what's being recorded

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ShawnHowlett

@ShawnHowlett wrote:

Ontario ignored? Shoot, I live in New Brunswick and here in Atlantic Canada and we don't have the infrastructure you guys from Ontario on to have the next box 3.0. This side of the country is ignored heavily. We are lucky we got the guide update and that's it. I get the lines are getting worked on now for the iptv that they have in conjunction with Comcast with their x1 platform, but the point of this rant, if you will, is how is one side of the country good but the other side bad. I get we on this side, doesn't have the numbers jn population, compared to say Quebec, Ontario and past that, but still we should have the meansame to utilize the technology advancements from that way. Such as the ability to record 8 shows instead of 2 and still able to watch TV, instead of having to move to another room to watch TV while the box is garbled with forced watching of what's being recorded

Hopefully once they launch IPTV it's unified across Canada, and we can all enjoy the same experience no matter what part of the country we reside in.

I'm a Senior Advisor

And yet, with Bell IPTV, it is not so network intensive and can be provided over lower speeds, so there in lies why Bell has had IPTV for 10 years out east, and we still don't see it in Ontario on cable yet.

And we have places in Ontario that also don't use Nextbox 3 and are stuck on Nextbox 2 as well.

Bruce