New Unlimited plans with Samsung Galaxy Q

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

New Unlimited plans with Samsung Galaxy Q

Just a warning that you cannot use the full functions of the plan you are paying for with this device.  They are advertising "unlimited text, picture and video messaging" but because the Galaxy Q is a smartphone it will not work without a add-on data plan (another $15/month).  Smiley Mad

False advertising!!!!

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Unlimited plans with Samsung Galaxy Q

Never had i ever heard of this & i have a few friends using the Galaxy Q with the unlimited plan & they are able to send unlimited text , picture & video. You do NOT need a Data plan for that.
I've Been Here Awhile

Do you have any more information?  What country are they in?  I was just on the line with tech support and that is exactly what they told me.  I "need a dataplan to do that because it is a smartphone"

Do they have the plan that is around $26 a month that they have been advertising the past few months?

Thank you

I'm a Trusted Advisor

They live in downtown Toronto. The Galaxy Q is a smartphone Lite phone which does not need data unless you want it. I would contact them back & speak to a Manager which will know. The Device is sold as a Smartphone Lite & even goggling this i have not seeing anything like this.
I've Been Here Awhile

I will try calling back and speaking with a manager.

My friend has this same phone and has the same problem.  Not sure what plan they have though.

Will post back after speaking with Rogers again.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Alright let us know because i just spoke to Mike ( Customer Service Manager) & he told me that this Device is a smartphone lite device in which does not need data.
I Plan to Stick Around

If the issue you're having is sending picture and video messages, then yes, the tech agent you spoke with was correct.  Picture and video messages are considered data usage on smartphones, and in order to send them you do in fact need data.  Rogers has data plans for "lite" data users $10.00 per month and they do not require any commitment.

I've Been Here Awhile

Tech support had me change some settings which seem to allow sending and receiving picture messages (MMS).  The new value plan has "extreme messaging" which includes the pic/vid msging, should not require an additional data plan IMO.

Now I just have to wait for the bill and see if they charge me extra for something included in my plan.

I've Been Around

where ever there are hot spots you can get free wifi you dont need to pay for a data plan. You have internet at home , local establishments such as Tim Hortons, McDonalds, and stores..so if you take the time to ask you can "piggy back" on the internet no Data Plan Required

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jaxycat

That's true but always be careful with that. Sometimes your WiFi can turn off or go to sleep when the screen is off making it useless unless you set it to always be on.

I do agree with the rest