New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

rogers has frozen the bcb discount as of february 12. they will provide 60 days before they remove it from your account. everyone is losing it. however if you make changes to your account the discount is removed immediately
I'm a Senior Advisor

Increases in roam like home max days cap increases in home service rates first restricted bcb then reduced now removing. We are being nicked and died to death. What ever happened to loyalty benefits. This was the last of them and I detest negotiating prices. My 1 year discounted runs out then huge jump in services price this summer no bcb and I was told 20.00 bundle discount stays. That represents about 6 percent. And the more I spend and bundle the less discount I get unless I negotiate.

Oh well summer I decide and no way I will pay the second year increase and cord cutting is looking better every day.

They really so know how to make loyal customers feel unwanted. They used to offer unexpected loyalty deals at least once per year. At one point bcb was 15%for a year.

Guess they like having customers consider leaving at the end of each end of term.

Bruce
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Generally, i have found that there are much better discounts than the BCBs.

There are other discounts available, via other bundles.

Only caveat is, that you need to commit to a X year long term.
And would then require you to re-negotiate at the end of every term.

I Plan to Stick Around

yes agreed the ignite ongoing bundles seem to be a bigger value however these discounts over rode the bcb discount for cable internet and home phone what was beneficial is the discount we got in wireless side which is now being taken away we went from 103 discount at 12% to 64. when it dropped to 8 however i have negotiated a great deal with rogers that i wasn’t pleased with for losing it
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is what I just received on the notification on the BCB changes and timelines.

For me, I am active until next summer when my last phone purchase is fully paid for. All bolds and paragraph breaks are mine.  The message was just one long "blob" of words.

I highlighted and broke it into paragraphs, the layout was not reader friendly at all.

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BETTER CHOICE BUNDLES
DISCOUNT

Date of Change

As of May 6, 2018, we will be phasing out the Better Choice Bundles (BCB)
discount program.

Determining the end date - based upon your current wireless committments

The BCB discount end date for all of your services
currently receiving the discount is determined by the amount of time left
on your wireless contract. If you have more than one wireless user on
your account, the wireless contract with the furthest end date will
determine when your BCB discount will expire.

Less than 12 months on your longest wireless fixed term contract from May 6, it ends May 6, 2019 (in simpler words - if your term finishes, between the dates, your BCB eds May 6, 2019

If you have 12 months or less remaining on your longest wireless fixed
term contract as of May 6, 2018, the BCB discount will end on May 6, 2019
for your wireless and residential services currently receiving the
discount.

12 months to 18 months in your phone term - ends Nov 6, 2019

If you have more than 12 and 18 or less months remaining, the
discount end date will be November 6, 2019.

More than 18 months - ends May 6, 2020  Any month to month contract, BCB ends Sept 6, 2018 - so if you are not on any phone term, your BCB are gone in a few months.

If you have more than 18
months remaining, the discount will end on May 6, 2020. If you are on a
month-to-month contract, the BCB discount will end on September 6, 2018.

To find your end date, go to My Rogers and check your phone line and the end commitment on your phones, by opening up remaining balance on your phone and date - if you pay off your phone, your contract ends, and you go month to month as far as I know.  So be careful in your discussions around lost or broken phone and paying off the balance - what does it do to your BCB still in place.

To check your contract end date, please visit rogers.com/myrogers or
rogers.com/bss if you are a business customer.

If you upgrade after May 6, 2018, the balance of BCB period still applies, it appears.  I can see confusion on this occurring in those discussions, so ask a lot of questions.

Starting on May 6, 2018, if you upgrade your wireless device and sign a
new 2-year term, your BCB discount will not be applied to your entire
wireless term, but will still end according to the timelines outlined
above. All other aspects of your Rogers services will remain the same. If
you wish to respond to this notice or if you have any questions, concerns
or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please reach out to
us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.
Thank you for being a Rogers customer.

A general comment - this is the end of what has been for me an appreciated loyalty feature, kept in place year after year, even with changes in my accounts for many years. There was an attempt to introduce the rewards program a few years back, which I declined - it did not provide as good a benefit and in time, the program was dropped, and those who did choose it, lost their BCB and did not return to any rewards program or loyalty program at all.

Now, we are rewarded by bundling, and negotiating with retentions/customer relations, and as of late, that is a long process with no direct access and very time consuming. It is a reward for bundles, and if you get the right person and are persistent and polite, you may get an additional discount as a long term customer, but there are no standard discounts like the BCB anymore.

I do hope they look for something else to replace this concept.

Times they are changing, but now we know where it is going and lots of notice.

Bruce

I've Been Around

Why are you getting rid of the BCB pricing. I moved all my services to Rogers to take advantage of a reduced price by having all my services, home phone, 2 cell phones, TV ,internet with you so I could save money. ( I just recently signed a 2 year contract on my  home phone knowing the 12% discount more then covered the cost of the home phone, now I will cancel this once the contract is up, you will gain nothing with this change. Smart move on your part as I am sure you new in advance you were going to cancel the bundling.) Now I find out I am loosing this benefit. For many months this year I open the bill to see something that has been taken away from my services.  From reduces channel selection to now loosing my bundled discount.  So why would I keep all my services with Rogers now as I just lost my benefit which will increase most of my services by the 12% discount I was receiving. 

I will now be reviewing all my services to see where I can move to cheaper rates, Netflix's verses cable TV as no benefit to having cable in my package any more. Or just cutting down to the basic tv channels to reduce my overall bill. The result will be you will lose income as you are no longer rewarding faithful customers.

I guess I should start fighting for the Canadian government to open up competition in Canada so that you and Bell cannot over charge us for services on a regular bases.  I thought your company was changing to focus more on the customer instead of trying to take as much our of our pockets as possible.

JP

Not happy with these continuing changes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jpc0707 : Although the BCB discounts are ending, it's certainly possible to negotiate an overall discount and the amount of discount increases dramatically with the number of services you have and/or the amount you pay per month.  Simply give Rogers a call (or contact them in any other ways you prefer) about a month before your "contract" is up.

See the following post/thread on the topic. The (recent) BCB wasn't a very good discount anyway when compared with a good negotiator.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Discounts-expiring/m-p/421572#M21831

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems Rogers reps were very confused about the changes that were announced. When it was first discovered the discount was being removed, we were told September 2018. With the amount of services and cost per month we pay to Rogers, I was not happy, and the issue was escalated to the Office of The President.  They agreed to apply a substantial credit to continue the BCB discount for as if it was there for 2 years, which was very much appreciated.

However, when the notification went out on a recent bill which was was much more clear, it was determined we are one of the lucky ones, and we will continue the BCB discount until 2020.

I'm sad to see it go, however by then I hope rogers has a new type of discount. The cost of cellular prices is just crazy now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I learned the same too when I extended my expiring discounts - my BCB discounts were still in place on my phone until the end of my phone plan in late 2019 in our case, and the 8% on add-ons is in place until into 2019 as well.

So, no it doesn't seem that the message was consistent, and yes, very confusing.  the person I was talking to wasn't sure until they put the changes in and saw they were still there. They really didn't understand the parametres that set the BCB.

So I still get a short breather.  Not worth much to me as my services are low end, but around 20.00 is still savings in my pocket.

Bruce

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Can someone explain what this message means. We no longer get a discount when bundling services with Rogers?

REMINDER ABOUT YOUR BETTER CHOICE BUNDLES DISCOUNT ENDING
This is a reminder to the notice we sent in April/May last year. As of your next bill, the Better Choice Bundles discount will no longer be on your account. We have stopped offering this program to new customers since 2013 and are now in the process of phasing out this discount. We continually evolve our products and packages that offer great value and choice to meet the changing needs of our customers. All other aspects of your Rogers services will remain the same. If you wish to respond to this notice or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill. Thank you for being a Rogers customer.