Never ending billing for dead account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Never ending billing for dead account

So I've had my old account disabled multiple times, I haven't used that account for like 5 years yet I still get billed for it. I call get it cancelled after jumping through hoops and talking to manager after manager and yet I'm still getting billing invoices for 25c a month and when I don't pay them, it screws up my credit. How many times do I need to cancel this account?

Funny thing is, is that I use the same email on my new account as I did on my old account and for some reason this account cannot be closed because it was deleted in its entirety except for the fact that I still get billed for it.

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Never ending billing for dead account

Can someone please help me end these invoices?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Chusera

Unfortunately this is a user to user forum so not much can be done on here but you have a better chance to contact @CommunityHelps via Private message and speak to them.. Let them know what is going on and see what they can do!

Alternative you can call in, speak to a manager and request to speak to the Office of the President and explain to then what is happening.

Hope it gets resolved!
Highlighted

Hi @Chusera!

As Meowmix pointed out, you'll have to PM us @CommunityHelps for direct assistance with this matter. If you PM us, we can get to work and get this billing matter resolved for you.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Account Cancelled but still being charged

I cancelled my Android cell phone account before the August cycle began but have just been notified that the routine August payment will still be charged to my credit card "tomorrow" (ie. no time to change anything). I exchanged messages on Live Chat and the helpful person there simply informed that "final bill has not been processed yet, and when it is there should a credit".

This is a poor billing system and a poor customer relations response. Anyone have any suggestions that might help expedite this whole thing?

Just for the record - when I say "cancelled" my account - what I wanted to do is change it - it was Rogers decision to start a new one (which I am already paying for) and cancel the old one. Oh well. I'm only a customer!

Highlighted

Hello @dereklola,

I understand how frustrating it can be when you are left feeling unsure about what is going on with your Bill. We definitely want to clear up any confusion related to how the billing system works on our end.

All customers on a Post Paid monthly plan are billed 1 month in advance for the monthly service fees. If there are changes made to your account mid-bill cycle such as a plan change, you would have prorated charges/credits depending on the new plan selected. These changes would reflect on your next bill. Similarly, if you cancel after your billing cycle has closed, your final invoice would generate on your regular bill cycle close date and would reflect any adjustments for unused service plus any additional charges or hardware fees if applicable.   

I understand how there could be confusion regarding this and we’d like to take a closer look for you to ensure everything was done correctly. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can investigate further.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bottom line is that everything is OK - in the end my credit card was not charged - I waited a few days before replying just to make sure.

But why the confusion?

I was told initially that I'd cancelled in time (before the August cycle commenced) and would not be charged.

Then got written info (email) that I would be charged.

Then told nothing could be done about being charged

- but don't worry you'll eventually get a refund.

Then told something like it's a complicated system but it should eventually get resolved.

Aargh - great way to "rattle" a customer!!!! As well as waste everyone's time. Not good.

Highlighted

Thank you for updating the Community on the outcome @dereklola!

I sincerely apologize for the confusion this caused.

The only logical explanation would be that an invoice had already started being generated, however, might not have been available in our systems at the time of your call.

I'm glad to hear you were able to have this addressed by one of our representatives.

I can definitely assure you that you will not be billed for the days passed the cancellation of your account.

A final invoice should be mailed at home to confirm the termination of the service.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude