Name display not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Name display not working

My name doesn't display on anyone's phone when i call unless they have my number saved in their phone , otherwise just number is displayed please fix it, I've turned on name display/caller ID on my phone, if someone calls me their name is displayed even if i didn't save their number

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Name display not working

What is the make/model of your phone?  Turning on Name Display and Caller ID means that you display their incoming information.

Have you entered your name properly into your phone?  For example, in an iPhone it's under Settings - General - About - Name

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

from my previous telecom experience, the outgoing name display is a feature of the network, and it can NOT be adjusted by the user via any menus or options within your phone, if you want it to work properly, you are going to have to call and get technical support to help troubleshoot and fix it for you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly  appears to be correct. I tried changing the name in my iPhone to something obscure and that is not what came up on Name Display. What came up is what I told Rogers to make it 10 years ago.

Of course if you call someone that has your number programmed into their directory (speed dial), then whatever name they have in their directory will be displayed on their phone(s).