Name display not working anymore!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Name display not working anymore!!!

Before i changed my plan to a share everything plan i had the Name display add on for 2$ a month, and Name display worked all the time even when i was on LTE and using VoLTE, it was working fine , since ive changed my plan on Jan 31st i lost my name display add on, and had to replace it with the 5$ iphone value pack add on which have name display. Since then when i get calls that are not saved in my contacts i only see a number, no names... Ive made some search and some people was saying that it wasn't compatible with LTE but that's false because before i changed my plan it was working fine even on VoLTE... Is there something i can do to get the feature back and working? Im using a iPhone 6s Plus

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Re: Name display not working anymore!!!

Hello @Jay_Starks

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is fixed thank you!! I dont know what you guys did but it worked!! Thanks again!!
Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jay_Starks

Thank you for updating the Community.

We are truly happy to know that your issue has been resolved Smiley Wink!

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

My husband has the same problem with name display.  After we switched to another plan, the name display was not working and we have to pay $5 for value pack to inlcude the name display.  But it still does not work.  The phone is SamSung Galaxy 5 neo.  

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@chongri Try to call costumer service or talk to a rogers employee here and they should fix the problem for your husband!

they probably will take off the feature and re add it to the account so the feature could work again! That's what they did on my account, it shouldnt be to hard.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Jay!

We have called the customer services and to remove and then re-added the value pack back but still the same.

We may try to wipe the phone to factory settings and test it again.  We just hope there is an easy way to get the name display back.  

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Thank you @Jay_Starks, you're right a simple reset should resolve the issue.

Hi @chongri,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!

I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks,
RogersShakir

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Last week, my father purchased a iPhone 6 to replace his old iPhone.  When he used to call people, his name would appear on their phones.  However, his name no longer appears on their phones.  How do I fix this?

Please note that he and I have the same Rogers plan, and when people call me, I get their names appearing on my iPhone 6.

Thank you,

Arun

Hello @ArunMohan1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

Just need a little bit more information to help you with your request. Do you by any chance know what the receivers see when your dad calls them? During the upgrade was there a cellphone number change?

I would also recommend you to see what the Show My Caller ID feature is set to on his iPhone. You can find it under Settings >> Phone.

Also what you're describing in the second part of your post is about when you receive calls. For your dad's phone is this pertaining to incoming or outgoing calls?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia