Name display not working anymore!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Name display not working anymore!!!

Hello RogersZia,

In both my father and my case, the receivers see "private" when we call them.  There was no cellphone number change, or any other changes to the account. All my father did was purchase an unlocked Rogers phone from the Apple Store.  And my father confirms that when people receive his outgoing calls, they state that there phone screen's say "private", be they cell phones or home phones.  And the Show my Caller ID is on in both of our phones (the bar has been slid to the green side.)

Thank you for your help,

Arun

Hi @ArunMohan1!

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If the only thing that has changed is that your father is now using an unlocked device, there may not be much that we can do for him unfortunately. 

We cannot guarantee full service on an unlocked device. I know this isn't the answer that you wanted to hear but I suspect the unlock is the cause. One way to test definitively would be to place your father's SIM card into a Rogers locked device and test the Name Display once more.

If it works in the Rogers locked device, then we have determined through process of elimination that it's your fathers phone causing this. If it doesn't work, we can escalate a ticket to have it looked into.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ArunMohan1 wrote:

Hello RogersZia,

In both my father and my case, the receivers see "private" when we call them.  There was no cellphone number change, or any other changes to the account. All my father did was purchase an unlocked Rogers phone from the Apple Store.  And my father confirms that when people receive his outgoing calls, they state that there phone screen's say "private", be they cell phones or home phones.  And the Show my Caller ID is on in both of our phones (the bar has been slid to the green side.)

Thank you for your help,

Arun

Goto: settings -> general -> reset -> reset network settings.

After the phone restarts try calling someone from the cell phone and see if the number shows up. If it doesn't than goto: settings -> phone -> show my caller id -> toggle it off, restart the phone, then toggle it back on, restart the phone. 

Lastly if all that fails, you can use iTunes to restore the phone as new and see if that helps, or since you just purchased the phone from an Apple Store then goto the Apple Store and see what they say. But having an unlocked purchased directly from apple phone shouldn't cause this problem. When I had an iPhone it was unlocked purchased directly from Apple, and everything worked fine on the Rogers Network.

If apple finds nothing wrong then swap the SIM card with another phone and see if it works correctly, that will rule out Rogers being the issue. 

I've Been Here Awhile

When I make a call, my caller id shows as private. When another pay as you go client calls, their caller id is their phone number. How do I get my phone number to show.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for moving my post. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s9. The issue is related to my account/sim card as the pay as you client is using my old phone and their caller id is showing their phone number and not private like me. This has always been the case regardless of the phone I'm using.

Hi @lij1972!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!! The ability to hide/show your phone number via your device settings can certainly come in quite handy!

Here are the steps on how to hide/show your phone number via your S9 device:

- Tap the Phone icon

- Tap on Menu (three dots)

- Tap Settings

- Tap More Settings

- Tap Show my caller ID

- Select Show Number/Hide Number (depending on your personal preference)

I hope this helps! If this does not work and you are still having trouble, please let us know! Smiley Happy

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

That was the first thing I tried.

Hey @lij1972,

Sorry to hear this didn't do the trick! 

If possible, please send us a private message so we may review your account to see what could be causing this. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps to begin. For more information on our Private Message system, please click HERE.

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

My caller display/who called feature does not work and hasn't been for a months. I have the $7 iPhone value which includes both features. Anytime anyone calls it shows up as "unknown name". Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Highlighted

Good morning @EricR!

Welcome to our Community!

If a simple reboot doesn't fix it, there's likely an account level issue at play here and we can fix that for you! Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this for you. 

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey