Moving to new appartment with Rogers included in the rent.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Moving to new appartment with Rogers included in the rent.

Hi.

In a few months I will be moving to a new appartment where Rogers is included in the rent.

Now presently I have TV, Phone, Internet as a bundle. The TV and Home Phone are at basic

level. But the internet is 30down 5up. Will I beable to retain these services as they are and still

have them in the rent. Or will I have to pay extra?

I am moving within Toronto, if this helps.

I have no idea how this works. Please help.

***Added Labels***

Re: Moving to new appartment with Rogers included in the rent.

Good evening @Helios1,

Thank you for your post!

If you are moving this summer, you have the ability to get a Rogers Move Concierge to assist you throughout the whole process. They can actually answer all of your account-specific inquiries.

Normally, when you keep your current services active, there should be no cancellation fees for the transfer of your services to a new address.

However, since some of the agreements with particular apartment complexes include discounts, I would not be able to confirm whether you would be charged any additonal fees for terminating the bundle service at your current address, in order to benefit from the package that is provided at your new building.

We can schedule the transfer and installation of all your Rogers products and assign you a dedicated move concierge who will be responsible for ensuring your move experience is stress free.

Visit rogers.com/moves for more information.

Hope this helps! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, this helps a lot. I will try the "Rogers Move Concierge" service when the time comes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While not me myself, but i did have a little experience with helping my grandmother with this.

We are going back a bit, but her cable, etc was all included in her rent.  It included a basic SD box rental.
She wanted one which could handle the CC better, which at that time was the 8300.
She was able to order that one, instead of the included SD.  She only ended up paying the difference.

I wonder, with services.. if its the same?
If you only get X speed, could you pay the difference to go up? etc

Highlighted
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

It's actually very easy how this works.

If the services are included in the rent, then the apartment building has a bulk contract where certain services are being paid for. You can't move your own services and have them included in the rent as there are the services already hooked up in the building.

What you do is you speak with whoever is in charge of the apartment, and find out exactly what services are being paid for as usually it is only cable that is covered. Any services that are included in the rent you'll have to cancel, and anything that isn't included you can transfer via Moves Concierge.