Moving to a different province

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Moving to a different province

Hi everyone,

I'll be moving from Ontario to Quebec next month and as Rogers does not operate on the Quebec side (for Internet and TV), I need to cancel my plan and get another Internet + TV provider there.

Does anyone know how much Rogers will charge in this situation? If it was possible, I would just transfer my account to my new home address but it's not possible (I'll probably have to choose between Videotron or Bell).

Does anybody know if there is a kind of agreement between Rogers and Videotron or Bell when people move in another province?

For now, I'm planning to keep my cell phone plan with Rogers.

If anybody can help...

Thanks !

Anthony

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Moving to a different province

Hi @Anthony1980

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

When are you be moving? We can take a look at your account and assist you further. Please send us a private   message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can take a closer look for you.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone,

I am moving to BC at the end of August and recently signed up for Rogers Internet in march when they ran the promo to lock-in at $65/mth for 2 years. There is no Rogers Internet service at my new adrdess, so will I still be subject to the early cancellation fee even though I am physically unable to continue the service?

Thanks!

Good evening @Tuneman1984,

Thanks for your post!

If you are moving outside of the Rogers cable footprint (within Canada), the early cancellation fees will not be charged.

Please note that a forwarding address is required to validate lack of coverage.

The cancellation fee can be waived up to 30 days after deactivation takes place, as long as a forwarding address is provided.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other question!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I moved out of the Rogers service area and they are no longer able to provide Internet access. When I signed up for the internet package that I had to cancel, they explained to me that if I moved to an area with no coverage I would not be charged. I have how been charged an ECF discount of $140. This must be an error or Rogers did not explain it well when I talked to them on the phone. Any suggestions on how I can address this. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jenepher

Have you called back Rogers to see if there was a note left on the account saying that? Or see if they could waive it for you? If not call. If you have and nothing has helped, i would see if @CommunityHelps can help you out!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for getting back to me. I phoned today to notify them about my cancellation and the rep didn't seem to know what she was doing. She kept insisting I would be charged the fee even though I moved out of the service area, or she offered to "clawback" the discount and retroactively charge me the full price since March. She also sounded like she was going to cancel the service outright right away, when I'm not moving for a few days. Endedd up terminating the call because I didn't want her messing around with my account. I will be printing and keeping a copy of this conversation in case they do try to levy the fee on my invoice.

Good evening @Tuneman1984,

Thank you for your reply!

I apologize for the poor customer experience.

We'd like to assist you regarding this situation, however, this will require access to your account.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps when you are back online. 

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Looking forward to your message! 

RogersMaude