More Roam Like Home countries released, do we need to change plans to take advantage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

More Roam Like Home countries released, do we need to change plans to take advantage

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/travel?asc_icid=home_mainbanner_position_1_roamlikehome2

If we were able to use Roam Like Home in the US and Europe with our current plan (Share Everything "non plus" plans without the spotify and stuff, but mine is a loyalty plan and I like the old $15/gb overage rate that I have with my plan instead of the new one Smiley Tongue) , will we need to change to the newer Share everything+ plans to take advantage of the new carribean/latin american countries now included??

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: More Roam Like Home countries released, do we need to change plans to take advantage

Hi @jackthecompguy,

Thank you for your Post Smiley Happy

I can see you just want to clarify if the recently added countries: Mexico, the Caribbean & Latin America, ROAM LIKE HOME for the $10/DAY is compatible with your current Share Everything plan. Yes (just like you do at home) you can now also talk, text and share in Mexico, the Caribbean & Latin America using ROAM LIKE HOME on your current Share Everything plan. You don't need to upgrade to the newer Share everything+ plan, click here for more information on ROAM LIKE HOME.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: More Roam Like Home countries released, do we need to change plans to take advantage

As @RogersArthur said, you don't need to change.

When Roam Like Home originally laucnhed, it was just USA, then when Europe launched, no changes were needed.
It is just adding Compatible countries to the list. Smiley Happy that is all.

I personally don't have the + Plan, but o__o MY GAWD the list has much more places now.

I can use DATA in the Caribbean! O__O This. Is. Awesome!
I'm a Regular

Great... I assume as a business user I am eligible as usual, I've used it in Europe before on my business plan so I should be good.
I know right!!! I paid US$75 for a Mexican SIM with 2GB of data and xxx number of calls/texts back to Canada/US last time I went to Mexico. When you do the math on most SIM cards, RLH ends up being cheaper in almost every case as long as you have the requisite plan. The only case where I didn't use it is when I returned to my country (Malta) for a 6 week holiday. I used a local SIM there for that since I needed to communicate with local people and a local number is better for that... Also the local SIM in that case was cheaper for 6 weeks vs RLH. So tl;dr RLH is cheapest unless you go on a really long trip (1 month +)

Smiley Very Happy

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Depends on the usage.

RLH is beneficial mostly all the time for me as well.

1+ months can work with RLH if your data consumption, voice calls and sms/mms are needed all the same.

Local sim are best if you need some features but not all when travelling for more than 1+ month...

But glad everything is working out for you @jackthecompguy Smiley Very Happy