cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Aggravation with Rogers Pricing

foodtech46
I plan to stick around

In February I had a lengthy go round with Rogers Chat about pricing on my home services with zero satisfaction. Now it's my turn with Wireless.

You may have read that Rogers is "slashing prices" on Wireless after the Shaw merger. Sure.

My wife and I each have Rogers phones. Mine is LTE and hers 5G. We have 20GB shared and together we use maybe 10% of that. Most of the time we are just on wifi at home. We pay approx $80 each per month.

I saw some "deals" on My Rogers for $55-$65 per month but you cannot change your plan to them. Only a phone number is listed to inquire.

I went on chat and after bouncing around the country from agent to agent I found out they can't offer that to me. I can get a massive upgrade in bandwidth to 165GB for the two of us for a bit more per month. So I would now use maybe 2% of the available bandwidth. The agent suggested I talk to the loyalty dept. but (of course) they were closed.

So all this talk of cutting prices is a sham. But you knew that already. It's Rogers.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: More Aggravation with Rogers Pricing

foodtech46
I plan to stick around

Thanks but I haven't bothered. I now understand clearly that Rogers only offers the cheaper plans to new customers. After 32 years with Rogers Wireless I have long ago come to the conclusion that they will never meet my needs. They may simply be a less worse option. The same thing applies to home services.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersZia

Good morning @foodtech46,

I understand where you're coming from. We’re committed to offering products and services that help enable you, this is why we have a variety of plans available to our customers. Your feedback is welcome and valuable, I will be happy to forward it to the appropriate team.

I hope you've had a chance to get in touch with our customer service since you last posted here. Please let us know if you still require account support.

RogersZia

foodtech46
I plan to stick around

Thanks but I haven't bothered. I now understand clearly that Rogers only offers the cheaper plans to new customers. After 32 years with Rogers Wireless I have long ago come to the conclusion that they will never meet my needs. They may simply be a less worse option. The same thing applies to home services.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

@foodtech46   I was in the same boat as you.  I was paying far more for wireless service than what I needed.  I called in and explained I wanted to reduce my bill, but I was only offered more data.  I explained over and over gain I don't use much, if any data, as I am mostly on wifi.  But still the only thing offered was more data.  I politely declined and took my wireless business elsewhere.  Since then I have received 3 calls from the winback department, who offered me, wait for it, more data.  

tailendcharlie
I've been here awhile
I hear you. They texted me saying I could upgrade now instead of in March. I asked about montly total cost for an S23+ from my S22 and keeping the same plan I go from $105 a month to $146. If I go to an S23 the phone price is $21 cheaper but my plan can't be transfered to the S23 only the plus, so my plan would go up and STILL be around $146 or more! I am so disgusted. Bell here I come.

tailendcharlie
I've been here awhile
All you can do is shake your head.

Golfer69
I've been around

I have being with rogers for 45 years. Called for my annual negotiations.   33% increase

A friend of my just renewed on Feb 8 2024, and pays 179.50 for 1.5 Gig, Total TV Feb 2026.  

I have 150 Mg and same TV.  Price 230.00. Called for same offer with inproved internet speed.

I want to be treated equally !!  Rogers stated that this is the best price!!

My personal opinion, it all depends who picks up the the PHONE

Good morning @Golfer69.

I would like to assure you that the offers you receive have nothing to do with who picks up the phone. We have no ability to create custom offers. 

All the offers we can provide are automatically preset by the system and we will offer you the best possible offer available to you from that preset list.

If you like, we'd be happy to take another look to ensure that no offers were overlooked! Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 in conversation