Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

I called Rogers this morning to inquire about getting a new cell phone. I have a "grandfathered package" (5 GB Loyalty Wireless Plan for 57.00 before taxes). Because I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I have to pay outright for the new cell I want, a Samsung S9. I was just going to buy it outright at Best Buy so that I wouldn't have to change my plan  but thought I would see what Rogers would offer. Big mistake I guess. I ended up with a Talk & Text 2 GB -No Tab with 2 GB bonus for $50.00. The rep assured me that this was still my Loyalty plan which I am now finding out it is NOT.  It's an okay plan and a bit less than what I was paying but I had no intention of getting rid of my grandfathered plan that I've had for over 20 years!! I called back within 2 hours of the change and was told they can't fix this even after I told them it was the rep's error in not advising me properly. After speaking to a "manager" this is now in the hands of "the back end office" and supposedly someone will contact me next week. I won't hold my breath! I guess a letter to Office of the President is next. Any other suggestions?

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

A complaint to the CCTS might be the next step, although they might wait for the response from the Office of the President.  Just as a reminder, there was a set of CRTC hearings recently into the sales practices of the big telcos.  I don't believe that any report or instructions to the telcos to clean up their act have been issued but I might be wrong on that one.  

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

Thanks for the suggestion! I am calling back tomorrow morning to follow up.