cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard Promotion

Micbeau
I'm here a lot

I switched to Rogers this July (2020). Rogers had a promotion on, where I would get a $150 MasterCard Gift card, part of there promotion. Installation was done on August 5th, 2020. I received my "Please register for Promotion" on August 15th. I registered for my gift card the same day. I even received a notice that I had registered and that my gift card would be e-mailed to me from HelloWorld within 6weeks of the installation. We are now Oct-22, 2020 and I've not yet received the gift card. I've reached out 3 times to CustomerCare at HelloWorld. First time they acknowledge that I had a registration for the $150 gift card with them. Second time they apologized for this taking so long. 3rd time - I've not heard back... Has anyone received their $150 MasterCard gift card or is it just me??

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MasterCard Promotion

Received!! That took longer than it should with many, many e-mails; almost 3 months!! But it's in!! Just got it in my email...  so i clicked kn "receive" or what ever it's called. It said i had 2 choices: virtual (get it instantly) or physical (get it in 10days).. wasn't gonna go that route again... so virtual it is!!

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96

RogersJo

Hey @Micbeau

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your very first post with us! 😊 I'm elated you decided to join us! That's certainly not the type of experience I want you to be having. Let's get this all ironed out for you! What service(s) did you get activated with us? 

After you’ve successfully registered, If you chose to receive your Prepaid Mastercard electronically, cards arrive 1-2 weeks after registration. Have you checked your junk folder by chance? In the event that you still have yet to receive the Prepaid Mastercard kindly send us a PM via @CommunityHelps and we can certainly take a look into this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

I hope this helps! 

Regards,

RogersJo

Tinaabelle
I've been here awhile
Oh my gosh, this is so disheartening to read since we signed up based on the same “offer” and based on postings I’ve read it appears we may never see the gift card as promised. I feel scammed. Still waiting on my “registration” email ....

renfunny
I've been here awhile
I installed Rogers around September 15th and was told I would get a $250 MasterCard as a student offer in 14 days. After 14 days I contacted them and was told it should take 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks later I contacted them once more just to be told it actually takes 8 weeks now??

renfunny
I've been here awhile
Not to mention that they told me if I get the card electronically it would be instant. But based on all the posts in the forum it seems that was also a lie.

Tinaabelle
I've been here awhile
We installed September 14th and was told the exact same thing. I spoke with customer services this morning who gave the same response “check junk mail, 4-6 weeks... etc” I told them to escalate this because now they also decided to add a $6 fee increase after only 1 month. I negotiated and agreed to a monthly price and now it’s “to bad so sad we’re allowed to increase the price anytime??”

I feel VERY scammed. Not sure how long I will continue with their services to be honest if this all is not resolved.

Yes, it's the first thing i checked... and nothing jn spam, junk or other.... and seeing how i was able to receive other e-mail from them (the same domain) , i don't believe this is a spam, junk type problem... especially since they never acknowledged "sending" me the mastercard.... i will look up how your pm works...

renfunny
I've been here awhile
Keep us updated please. I wanna know if I’ll actually get the MasterCard or not. Thank you

Received!! That took longer than it should with many, many e-mails; almost 3 months!! But it's in!! Just got it in my email...  so i clicked kn "receive" or what ever it's called. It said i had 2 choices: virtual (get it instantly) or physical (get it in 10days).. wasn't gonna go that route again... so virtual it is!!

Sigthorn
I've been here awhile

I am a new subscriber to Rogers. I was offered the $150 Mastercard promotion and have been waiting for it to arrive. I did not know about registering for it online or a 30 day time limit on applying until I found this topic thread tonight. Is there any way I can still be eligible for this offer. I joined on September 10th of 2020.

Tinaabelle
I've been here awhile

We installed September 14th and was told we would receive a registration email for the MasterCard in 4 - 6 weeks.

I spoke with customer services late October who gave the standard response “check junk mail, 4-6 weeks... etc” I told them to escalate this issue to the vendor and internally because now they also decided to add a $6 fee increase after only 1 month. I had negotiated and agreed to a monthly price and now it’s “to bad so sad we’re allowed to increase the price anytime??”

I feel VERY scammed. Not sure how long I will continue with their services to be honest if this all is not resolved.

October 26th I still had not received this registration email and spoke to Rogers who told me they would then escalate with the Vendor “ Merkle”.

October 31st and I still have not received the registration email, nor been contacted by a Rogers support or heard from Merkle as per the escalation! Zero communication about the status of my “Martercard promotion”

Don't know. Maybe the moderator  can answer this one?

Hello, @Tinaabelle

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can see how frustrating this entire ordeal has been for you. We have very limited visibility when it comes to Rogers Bank inquiries.

You would need to reach out to the number on your card to contact customer service and inquire about the promotional offer. It seems like some users received it after a longer than expected delay. 

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

RogersTony

Sigthorn
I've been here awhile

I signed up for Rogers services and was connected on Sept 10th. At that ime I was told I would receive a $150. gift card for enrolling. I have waited patiently for a few weeks and have not received any indication of the card showing up but have received two billings via e-mail.

After searching this forum on this subject it seems I should have been directed to apply for the promo card online. I was never told this and the site that was mentioned is not in service as of now.

I am hoping somebody at Rogers can help me to collect the promotion I was promised.

Thank you

Greetings and welcome @Sigthorn!

Should you ever need help from us directly, you can always PM us your question or concern @CommunityHelps

We can help with the gift card too if 6 weeks have passed with no email.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I signed up on September 14th and was promised a $150 Walmart Card and a $50 Mastercard.  Nothing arrived so I called and was told it would arrive on October 30.  Nothing arrived so I called again on November 5 and was told to email the vendor directly (Helloworldfulfillment).  I find it very odd to be asked to reach out directly to a vendor hired by Rogers since I have no relationship with that company.  I would like a senior person from Rogers to contact me by phone to discuss this situation because I concerns about privacy and third party vendors.

Greetings @CatherineOttawa,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 👍

We definitely want to provide you with information on the promo that was offered and explain how it works! Just to clarify, which Ignite bundle did you activate to receive this gift card promo? 

Typically, when it comes to our third party gift card offers, here is how it works:

- Installation of Ignite TV services must occur within 30 days of the offer being presented in order to be considered eligible.

- Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your gift card (you’ll have the choice of a physical or electronic gift card). 

- Please be sure to also check your junk mail folder, should the email end up there inadvertently. You'll have up to 45 days to action the email before your eligibility runs out.

- Once you’ve successfully registered for the card you can expect to receive your electronic gift card within 1-2 weeks (by email) or the physical gift card within 3-4 weeks (by mail).

If the allotted time has passed and you either have not received the initial email to register OR you have already successfully registered and have not received your gift card in a reasonable amount of time, please do let us know!

Please note that this is a user to user forum. If you would like to have someone contact you directly for further support of your issue, you may click here to 'Share a Concern' and request for a call back within 24-72 business hours. You may also send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we will be more than happy to assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Hello RogersLaura,

Thank you for your reply.  I activated an Ignite 75 Unlimited service.

The Rogers Customer Service Representatives have told me during our three phone calls that I would receive the gift cards by mail and that there was nothing further that I needed to do.  No one ever mentioned registering for a promotion online.  I have checked my junk email account everyday for an email with the gift cards, but nothing has arrived.

On September 14, I was told that the gift cards would arrive by email in two-four weeks.  On October 14, I was told that they would arrive by email on October 30.  On November 5, I was told that I should email the third party vendor to request the gift cards.  I have a reference number for each of these calls.  Also, the Customer Service Representatives have notes of these each of these calls.

I hope that Rogers acts quickly to ensure that its customers receive what they were promised when they purchased these services.  It should never be up to customers to chase after the vendors that Rogers has retained to carry out its promotions.

Hello @CatherineOttawa,

We appreciate the further clarification. From my understanding, the gift cards are only issued once a customer receives the registration email, successfully completes the registration process and is deemed eligible. They are not normally sent out automatically until those steps are followed. Sincerest apologies for any miscommunication.

If you do not receive the registration email by November 11th, 2020, please reach back out to let us know and we can assist you further.

Thank you kindly,
RogersLaura

I’ve been having this same issue! I did the online chat and set up my plan on the 21st of September and I was promised a 250$ prepaid MasterCard. I did my self installation on the 29th of September, and hadn’t revived a promotional email. I even had to contact many times to get my registration email for my account setup. 
October 12th I posted on Twitter asking how long it takes to get an email about the card, and they said 6 weeks. 
It will be 6 weeks in exactly 2 days and I have received nothing about this card. 

Hello all,

it's interesting to see that many customers are having the same problem.   The Customer Service Representative on my last call told me that they are receiving many calls about it.  The moderator tells me that I should wait until November 11 and then reach out again.  However, I have reached out several times now and the last time I called, I was told that there is nothing else that the Customer Service Representatives can do.  I don't think that further calls will help.

I will wait until November 11 and then do some searching for consumer protection remedies.  If I learn anything, I will post about it here.

Topic Stats