MasterCard Promotion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micbeau
I'm Here A Lot

MasterCard Promotion

I switched to Rogers this July (2020). Rogers had a promotion on, where I would get a $150 MasterCard Gift card, part of there promotion. Installation was done on August 5th, 2020. I received my "Please register for Promotion" on August 15th. I registered for my gift card the same day. I even received a notice that I had registered and that my gift card would be e-mailed to me from HelloWorld within 6weeks of the installation. We are now Oct-22, 2020 and I've not yet received the gift card. I've reached out 3 times to CustomerCare at HelloWorld. First time they acknowledge that I had a registration for the $150 gift card with them. Second time they apologized for this taking so long. 3rd time - I've not heard back... Has anyone received their $150 MasterCard gift card or is it just me??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Micbeau
I'm Here A Lot

Re: MasterCard Promotion

Received!! That took longer than it should with many, many e-mails; almost 3 months!! But it's in!! Just got it in my email...  so i clicked kn "receive" or what ever it's called. It said i had 2 choices: virtual (get it instantly) or physical (get it in 10days).. wasn't gonna go that route again... so virtual it is!!

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersJo

Hey @Micbeau

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your very first post with us! 😊 I'm elated you decided to join us! That's certainly not the type of experience I want you to be having. Let's get this all ironed out for you! What service(s) did you get activated with us? 

After you’ve successfully registered, If you chose to receive your Prepaid Mastercard electronically, cards arrive 1-2 weeks after registration. Have you checked your junk folder by chance? In the event that you still have yet to receive the Prepaid Mastercard kindly send us a PM via @CommunityHelps and we can certainly take a look into this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

I hope this helps! 

Regards,

RogersJo

Tinaabelle
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh my gosh, this is so disheartening to read since we signed up based on the same “offer” and based on postings I’ve read it appears we may never see the gift card as promised. I feel scammed. Still waiting on my “registration” email ....
renfunny
I've Been Here Awhile

I installed Rogers around September 15th and was told I would get a $250 MasterCard as a student offer in 14 days. After 14 days I contacted them and was told it should take 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks later I contacted them once more just to be told it actually takes 8 weeks now??
renfunny
I've Been Here Awhile

Not to mention that they told me if I get the card electronically it would be instant. But based on all the posts in the forum it seems that was also a lie.
Tinaabelle
I've Been Here Awhile

We installed September 14th and was told the exact same thing. I spoke with customer services this morning who gave the same response “check junk mail, 4-6 weeks... etc” I told them to escalate this because now they also decided to add a $6 fee increase after only 1 month. I negotiated and agreed to a monthly price and now it’s “to bad so sad we’re allowed to increase the price anytime??”

I feel VERY scammed. Not sure how long I will continue with their services to be honest if this all is not resolved.
Micbeau
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, it's the first thing i checked... and nothing jn spam, junk or other.... and seeing how i was able to receive other e-mail from them (the same domain) , i don't believe this is a spam, junk type problem... especially since they never acknowledged "sending" me the mastercard.... i will look up how your pm works...

renfunny
I've Been Here Awhile

Keep us updated please. I wanna know if I’ll actually get the MasterCard or not. Thank you
Micbeau
I'm Here A Lot

Received!! That took longer than it should with many, many e-mails; almost 3 months!! But it's in!! Just got it in my email...  so i clicked kn "receive" or what ever it's called. It said i had 2 choices: virtual (get it instantly) or physical (get it in 10days).. wasn't gonna go that route again... so virtual it is!!

View solution in original post

Sigthorn
I've Been Here Awhile

I am a new subscriber to Rogers. I was offered the $150 Mastercard promotion and have been waiting for it to arrive. I did not know about registering for it online or a 30 day time limit on applying until I found this topic thread tonight. Is there any way I can still be eligible for this offer. I joined on September 10th of 2020.