Lost CBS Sports Network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lost CBS Sports Network

I went to watch a favorite program and the channel no longer exists! It shows up on the zap2it tv guide, but not on the TV guide online.

No announcement about deleting the channel on my bill, nothing I can find online. I hope this is a temporary problem. Please let me know. I'm with Rogers, Compton in Port Perry, Ontario.

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lost CBS Sports Network

Hello, @dougjp

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. From time to time, Rogers makes changes to services so that our customers have the best entertainment experience possible. Sometimes that means adding or removing channels. In this case, We have been informing the removal of CBS Sports Network as of June 01, 2017 through the bill messages. We began notifying impacted customers in April 2017.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @dougjp

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. From time to time, Rogers makes changes to services so that our customers have the best entertainment experience possible. Sometimes that means adding or removing channels. In this case, We have been informing the removal of CBS Sports Network as of June 01, 2017 through the bill messages. We began notifying impacted customers in April 2017.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently Compton didn't bother doing that, according to my latest bill anyway.

Personally I can't see how removal of a major network's sport network can be described as helping provide the best entertainment experience. Rogers must think few people watch sports. Instead, I believe it is a way to save money, ie; a dispute about the fee to get this channel, without passing the savings on to the paying customers. Very disappointed.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@dougjp  I think we have all been through this once or twice - if you have the copies of your bills, I know that we have always received notice of losing stations, like BBC Canada recently, starting about three months earlier - I don't get a paper bill or any paper from them, so where I see it is on the information section of the online bill, or on the PDF.

If you don't see it, I would take it up with first a CSR, but you will probably have to escalate it via report a concern online on MYRogers page, and following the escalation. If you didn't get notice and you can demonstrate it, I expect you may get some restitution for of it some type.  It is worth a try.

As for providing the best entertainment experience, that is the standard Rogers description every time these changes are made.  If you had seen the notice, you would see exactly the same thing.

It is basically a marketing statement, and your suggestions of why it was dropped could be any of the things you suggest, but in general we are never told.  There has been times where they have indicated that a certain HD stream of an SD stream is not available due to inability to negotiate a contract, or when a network decides not to renew a contract, but in general, the statement is nothing but marketing while telling us nothing.  It is a pure business decision.  

I used to get annoyed by it, now I just roll with it, grumble for a moment or two, and recently I finally said, time to develop a new entertainment experience for myself, that I have control over - cut the cord, and put up a digital antenna and shopped around for the choice of internet that met my needs, rather than the narrow mix of bandwidth/speed choice that Rogers offers.

Just my opinion.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Pretty much what Bruce said.

The only sports I follow is motorsports and cycling, none of the stick-and-ball stuff, so I don't recall whether I had CBS Sports Network or not. (I have VIP.) But going back through my bills on line I see my April 15 bill has this at the bottom.

BBC WORLD NEWS CHANNEL WILL BE REPACKAGED
From time to time we make adjustments to our packaging to reflect the changing
viewership trends of our customers. Effective June 1, 2017, BBC World News channel will
no longer be available in your package. Our new television packages have been designed
to provide more choice and flexibility, reflecting the current viewership trends. BBC World
News is available to be added to any of our new television packages. If you would like to
continue to subscribe to BBC World News, please call us to discuss our current packages
and how they might better suit your viewing needs. All other aspects of your Rogers
service(s) will remain the same. If you wish to respond to this notice or, if you have any
questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your cable television services,
please give us a call at 1-888-ROGERS1. We appreciate your business and thank you for
choosing Rogers.

To add insult to injury, this is the message that was above it,

CHANGE TO YOUR ROGERS CABLE TV MONTHLY RATE
The monthly service fee for your Cable TV package will increase by $5, plus taxes (please
see the TV section of this bill for your current monthly service fee). The new rate will take
effect on the date of your first bill on or after April 24, 2017. All other aspects of your
Rogers Cable TV service will remain the same.

Yes, Rogers has politicians on the payroll.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

My main interest is motorsports as well, and CBS Sports has lots of what I like - Australian V8 Supercars, Pirelli World Challenge (not all of that is available online via streaming, eg: this past weekend's Road America), British Touring Car, European GT, TransAm, DTM etc. A huge loss for me.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Sounds like a good case for escalation - may not get it back, but do discuss who they are going to provide restitution.  If it goes to CCTC, it is their responsibility to prove that you did get the notice of change of your services, and if your bills don't have it, it is strong proof - that is if you want to go through the work.

Definitely agree, this has little to do with our entertainment pleasure and everything to do with numbers of consumers of particular services, and pricing/mix to provide the greatest revenue per product.

Just my opinion.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@dougjp wrote:

My main interest is motorsports as well, and CBS Sports has lots of what I like - Australian V8 Supercars, Pirelli World Challenge (not all of that is available online via streaming, eg: this past weekend's Road America), British Touring Car, European GT, TransAm, DTM etc. A huge loss for me.

Yes, I miss those too. Seems we lost a lot of motorsports coverage since the demise of Speed. But since Rogers business plan appears to be continuing to offer less content for more money, I'm not holding my breath to get that coverage back. Unfortunately cable companies are digging their own grave as customers go seeking the discontinued content elsewhere.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

That is a total non-answer.  How does deleting a channel enhance our entertainment?  And with all the pressure on us to switch to paperless billing, excuse me for not parsing the entire website to learn of this change.  Donald Trump could take lessons from you guys in obfuscation!

Highlighted

Hello @ellenmike,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I do not blame you at all for feeling frustrated that CBS Sports Network will no longer be available especially if it's a channel that you viewed quite frequently.

We do our best to cater to all of our customers and sometimes if there are channels that do not have as much viewership as others we may have to remove that channel in order to make room for channels that may be more popular. It's always a tough decision to remove one channel for another and I am hoping this channel or something similar or even better will be made available in the near future.

Stay tuned!

Regards,

RogersTony