cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait times for Support - no response for over 2 hours

pbooth
I've Been Here Awhile

I cannot believe how bad support is getting trying to get someone on CHAT - really makes me look at other vendors where prices are better.

***Edited Labels***

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Long wait times for Support - no response for over 2 hours

RogersZia

Good afternoon @pbooth,

I realize wait times can be high around this time of the year, I hope you were finally able to get in touch with my colleagues over Live Chat!

Thank you for your feedback!

RogersZia

Wanted to call Rogers customer service hotline to discuss my Internet Bill amount issue.  Called the line 4 times today, with total hold and waiting time more than 5 hours.  The calls were dropped 3 times.  Also tried online chat--waited more than an hour.  End up cannot reach anyone!!  Is there any where I can leave my text or voice message that I can expect some response?

chank
I Plan to Stick Around

When I have called and been told that there is a long wait time, I have always been offered a callback which I usually use, so Rogers calls me when I am next in line. Were you not offered that? Certainly beats waiting on the phone all that time.

lll1
I've Been Around

my chat has been in queue for  long time also.  Worse, im on hold to actually speak with someone and its now over 2 hours and 33 minutes !

mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

I wanted to report a recurring issue today and the recording said 39 to 59 minutes anticipated wait time - which is unacceptable.   Online assistant Anna is useless and frustrating to use. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What you deem as unacceptable is reality for many businesses in Ontario struggling with staffing shortages due to the Covid-19 pandemic and people getting sick unable to come to work.

I bet if your local neighbourhood coffee shop closed down for a few days because they caught covid and were sick, unable to work you would feel sorry for them, but if your neighbourhood telco employees got sick you would act the same? or different? where would they get replacement employees to fill in the vacancies from? the moon?  no where. they are hurting, so have some respect for them, ALL phone companies right now have staffing shortages not just rogers. theyre sick unable to work, give them a break have some compassion

mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no sympathy for my neighborhood coffee shop if they have staff shortages due to Covid.  It's simple math.  Uninfected people got together with infected people over the holidays and now our hospitals are struggling, schools are back to online learning, long term care homes are once again danger zones, restaurants and bars are closed, people are struggling to get vaccinated or tested, people are hospitalized and dying etc etc.   Was it worth all this in order to have turkey with family and friends?  I have no sympathy for any businesses whose staff thought it was a good idea to get together over the holidays.   Now, we're all paying the price for this stupidity, including poor support at Rogers.  

cbn200
I've Been Here Awhile

I've called now 3 times, and been on hold for over an hour each time.   

Does Rogers currently have staff working during covid????   Where can I call to contact one of them???

This was supposed to be just a simple billing call.   But at this point it might be a canceling on my services call.   I cant deal with a company this poorly operated.   this is brutal

cbn200
I've Been Here Awhile

Theres no option for that.   What number did you call that gave you this option??

cbn200
I've Been Here Awhile

They overbilled me by $600 on my home bill.   $600!!   ...Maybe if they didnt overcharge me by $600, and force me to call them to sort it out Id be a bit more understanding guy.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why didn't you just say from the get go you were overbilled by $600 dollars for your home phone?

did you print or download your itemized bill? it would help determine WHY you were charged?  and maybe some community members (not all of us are employees) can help you too? 

Received my bill and there's no promotion discount that I was offered on my recent negotiations with Rogers.

The recording stated wait time of over 3 hours. I waited almost 2 hours earlier, but the phone died. Now just beginning hour 2 with a new phone.

I'm aware that many companies are having staffing issues because of employees booking off sick.

I tried online and the wait for that is long.

Why not introduce a system where customers can email Rogers with their billing issues. (Maybe there is a way and I just don't know about it)

I also never received a copy of the new agreement like I have in past years. I did write everything down though.

Is there internal problems at Rogers lately?

DanielleG
I've Been Around

I called at 5pm and my call was disconnected at 9:20pm. Who has 4 or 5 hrs to sit on hold to discuss their account. I’m disgusted and no I was not offered the option of a call back

ZadkielOne
I've Been Around

I've been a Roger internet customer since the Rogers Beta in Newmarket in 1995. This is the worst it's ever been.

This is my 4th call to Rogers in 3 days. (Over 8 hours of hold time)

Wednesday evening 1.5 hours on hold, talked for 30 minutes and they put me on hold and then hung up at midnight.

Thursday evening 2 hours on hold, agent unable to help. Manager was to call back in 1-2 minutes (never did).

Called back, on hold another 1.5 hours, agent unable to help. Gave me "direct" number to Ignite services. 

Friday called back at 8:11am. Message said expected wait time was 8-12 minutes. I'm still on hold over 3 hours later.

Also their "Loyalty Number" is disconnected and if you want to be connected to the new number they will charge you $3.80.

I understand that all calls are now routed to "one" contact point.

goodbyeblusky
I've Been Around

I was on hold 3 hours on Monday before the call was dropped.  2 hours on Wednesday before I had to hang up and now I am currently 1.5 hours in. 

maybe reach out to them thru this message board or Direct Message them thru face book or Instant Message Instagram or Private Message them on twitter?

I have been a loyal customer with perfect payment history with Rogers for 20 years or longer. I have attempted to call and live chat to cancel a 10 unused tablet line for three months to no avail. I was on live chat and tried calling all day today( over 6 hours). As I am not able to cancel anything via self service and I have attempted several times for three months to cancel, I requested a 3 month credit. It is 30.00 for an unused tablet. After waiting all day I was refused then sent to the management office. I explained my situation after waiting for Enrique the manager. Then the live chat timed out! Nobody tried to call me. I am not sure what has happened to service with Rogers. I am so disappointed and am now going to cancel my products. Shame on you Rogers.

Greetings @ELAINERUDDEN,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're honored by your loyalty all these years and would hate to see you leave. We can certainly look at the account and see what needs to be done.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

Thank You Pauly.

I'll try to message them on here.

same issue on my end.... they did not apply any of the promos that I have in writing from the sales team. What is going on with Rogers?