Live Chat really sucks!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Live Chat really sucks!

This morning I was messing with the Rogers Anyplace Home Edition app on my phone, trying to sign in when it wouldn't display the password field. I finally got in "flying blind" by hitting Next after my username, then entering my password, then hitting Done.  It finally worked after months of trying to sign in. I even scheduled a show to record. Anyway, playing around with it, signing in and out, I must have fat fingered my password too often and found myself locked out of Rogers for 24 hours. My phone didn't say so, just kept telling me the password didn't match the username over and over again, even though I know I got it right. I only found out I was locked out when I tried to access the Forum with my computer.

So the first thing that comes up when you're locked out is the option to contact Live Chat, which is what I did. The first thing the agent wants is my name when he can plainly see it on the screen, so I tell him it's on the screen. So he asks "Is it John?" and I answer 'yes'. I tell him I'm locked out. He asks a few more questions, then pops up a form on the screen for me to enter a load of information and disappears to answer other customers. Half the stuff on the form is stuff like account number which I can only find on line or by digging through a stack of papers. I don't even know my cell number unless I go on My Rogers or turn on my phone. The worst part is that the form presented on my screen has the top cut off and I can't scroll up, so I can't fill it all out anyway.  So I give up and decide to phone Rogers instead.

After calling Rogers and going through menu after menu I get a dial tone and a message I'll be connected in 3 minutes, which turns out to be more like 6. The woman tries to be very helpful, asks a bunch of pertinent information and puts me on hold a couple of times to get help. She gives me a temporary password which doesn't work, then another one that doesn't work, then gets some more help and gives me a password that seems to work and asks me to enter a new password, so I thank her and hang up.  But after I enter and confirm my new password (which now has to be "stronger" than my original one) I click CONTINUE and nothing happens. I try this on a different computer, clear cookies, same thing. I finally notice that the temporary password I entered has one more "dot", so after entering and confirming my new password, I re-enter the temporary one and the CONTINUE button works and I'm in!  What an ordeal!

Anyway, the point of this post is how abysmal the Live Chat is. I've seen others complain about it, but now i've seen it for myself. No wonder customers are teed off.

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Live Chat really sucks!

Hi @OLDYELLR,

I apologize for the poor experience you had but I am glad you got it working again. We are focused on improving customer experience, however this does take some time. Customer feedback is very important for us and helps us make improvements. 

Thank you and glad to have you part of the Community 🙂 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Looks like you're a little more of a resident expert now. Smiley Wink

I don't think it matters what branch of customer service you try it's only as good as the knowledge of the person you contact.

i've found that on average it takes till the third person to get it sorted satisfactorily. 

I'd say you had a good day OY , you got er done in two .  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Until now I really didn't understand when people complained about Live Chat, but now I know. How is one supposed to fill out the form presented when all of it does not show on the screen? I did leave feedback about the problem. I suspect it all has to do with the Rogers website.

Highlighted

Or was your screen zoomed a bit ?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good question, I was on my desktop, which appears to be at 110% for Rogers. My laptop is at 100%. I remember reading here that for some Rogers functions the screen should be unzoomed to 75%. Next time, if I ever need to use Live Chat again, I'll try tricks like that. The point is, customers should not need to resort to tricks for something as simple as chat. I think one of the worst things Rogers did was eliminate email communication. It's so much more precise and reliable than Live Chat, but then people have become a lot more illiterate in the last generation.

Highlighted

LOL   absolutely!! 

Highlighted

I tired Live chat once... didn't work out so well for me either... Seem to be the security form they sent.. for some reason they couldn't get my details from it...

So I kinda advoid it and call in... Live chat would be a good option for me.. hate being on the phone... but the Chat thing seems to be a pain in the butt... I'm sure the issues was likely on my end..

But you had issues with the form to and i'm sure we are not the only ones.... But it doesn't do us no good if we can't get the form processed to get are LIVE CHAT assistance...

So to the phones I go LOL
Highlighted

I've only had to use Live Chat twice. I realize it can be hit or miss.  It worked like a charm for me both times and the problems were solved efficiently and politely by the Reps. I dealt with.  On the one more complicated (for me) issue the Rep. even offered to stay connected with me until I tried the solution to make sure I had everything working the way it should.

Now even though I had a satisfying experience I hope I don't have cause to use that feature any time soon.   I'm not very  tech  and can get lost in the instructions very easily, so the Reps. must breath a sigh of relief when I sign off.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So I was so excited to upgrade my phone at Rogers  it was really late at night but I couldn't wait to upgrade it so I choose to do the live chat instead. First the name of the representive is Verna she was ok at first then she handed me something to fill up online then she disconnected me second one was Melissa she ask a lot then I told her what happened in the end it was the same she was saying it took more than 2 minutes to fill up the form well do you think I know every detail right away. I was so duappointed I'm never gonna choose Rogers for being rude to customers