Live Chat - "Anna" Chatbot Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Live Chat - "Anna" Chatbot Issues

Ok, I generally don't have much of an issue with Live Chat - provided I get a real person. Last few days, all I get is "Anna" the chatbot - she's a bit limited in her responses and troubleshooting tree options and each time when she gives up & says she needs to transfer me to a Live Chat agent (confirming I'm a Rogers customer first), an issue seems to happen - "I’m sorry, something went wrong on my end." and now you're dead in the water; no response, no nothing. Getting a little tired of it & will probably have to call (which I hate!)

Anyone else running into this issue?

*** Added Labels ***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Live Chat - "Anna" Chatbot Issues

Oh! And now I see that I have a persistent stuck chat session stuck in my browser screen (Chrome) - holy crapola!

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @jc35p,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, sorry to hear you ran into an error with our new friend Anna. Were you able to get in touch with our colleagues in Live Chat?

Just for your convenience, if you're not a fan of calling in, always remember you can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps or contact us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers 🙂

Please let us know if we can help in anyway. If you're not familiar with our private message system please take a look at this page.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I fired up a Firefox session and powered through a slightly different path of troubleshooting questions until I got passed over to a live agent. It threw them off slightly when I told them that I wasn't experiencing the issue that the troubleshooter lead them to believe, but they got my request for a tech visit booked.

There's got to be an easier way to schedule a tech!

Re: Chrome issue - I noticed that there's no header on the chat window that would have allowed me to close it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jc35p wrote:

I fired up a Firefox session and powered through...

Re: Chrome issue - I noticed that there's no header on the chat window that would have allowed me to close it.

If something works on one browser but not another, there is often an issue with the way the (problem) browser is set up. Many people have pop-up blockers enabled, or ad blockers or other extensions that can cause such issues. Also sometimes cookies or cache can cause issues.  Try Chrome in Incognito mode and check out the following recommendations:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...