Leaving Rogers? Prepare yourself

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Leaving Rogers? Prepare yourself

I remember that letter they sent out about it...

"To better our service to you"

That makes me laugh so hard, I'd take Rogers service 10 years ago over what we have now, hense why I am cancelling as well.  They are total trash and anyone that actually stays on them deserves to get shafted by their poor rates and even poorer services.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I received a customer survey call last week from Rogers to let me know about the new unlimited data add-on promotion so I chatted with the Rogers rep who spent the time to see if she could work out a deal to match my current ISP's plan. I was actually tempted by her offer until she got to the part about having to pay for an installation fee. So I said I still have cable high speed internet so wouldn't it just be a matter of connecting the modem and adding the modem to their system? She said no I'd have to schedule a technician to come onsite to hook up the internet.  

Just for anyone reading this... This part quoted, is in ERROR from that reps part.  (this comes back again to POORLY trained reps)

For switching plans around, etc to be able to get a better deal, while it MAY have required an upgrade from the D2 modems to the D3 gateways...

A user DOES NOT need to have a technician come out and do this part. 
For them to apply the plan, the D3 may be needed on the account to apply it... but a user can go out to a rogers location which does do hardware swaps, and be able to return the old and pick up the new modem, and install it themselves. 
From this point on, a rep should be able to put on any new plan.

-------------------------------------

I do not discourage anyone from looking at other providers.   Every user, must do what is best for them... weither it is to stay or to go.

Just make sure you do ALL your research first.
- If your ongoing issue for leaving company X is due to a potential INFRASTRUCTURE issue.. make sure when switching, that you are not going on a 3rd party provider who piggy backs on that same infrastructure.. you could run into the SAME issue.

- Make sure to look at ALL pricing.  Double check, that prices listed, are not PROMOTIONAL pricing.  Most of the 3rd party ones are usualy pretty good at just putting the regular every day price.. but often when you look at the BIG guys ones, its often a promo price.. and could even double after the promo period.  Always do your calculations off the EVERYDAY price.

- look around/ask people who are on other providers in your area.  That area could be bad for that provider, and be worse that what you have.

And in the end, make the decision which is right for you.

IE:  Where i am located.. LUCKILY.. rogers internet is rock solid.  Get my advertised speed, only outages in the last say 5 years were the jan DNS issue and the one last week.
Compare others?  Any other cable based 3rd party ones, are not available in this area.
Only other option is DSL then.   The phone line infrastructure up here.. SUCKS, to put it kindly.  Fastest Bell DSL is 5mb.. so severly limits the 3rd party offerings as well Smiley Sad

So could i pay less with a 3rd party? Sure. but at 1/5 of the current speed, etc..  for ME.. Rogers is currently the better choice.

Each person needs to compare, and make the right choice for them.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers could go al long way in keeping the majortity of their customers happy if they offered some of the added services to al regardless of the package you have. For example the unlimited bandwidth for $10.00 extra.

If you are content with the Rogers service you have, dont need extra speed, don't want or need an upgraded modem ect. why not offer the extrra bandwith. They woud get their extr $10.00 out of you and you would still have the service you are happy with.
I've Been Around

Just went through this process with my son who had to cancel his service because he's going out of country.Totally frustrating experience. Rogers has to be the worst company to deal with in canada. No wonder they are universally disliked.Never again!!

I've Been Around

I have the same trouble after I request cancelling my cable internet service. This is unacceptable as I still need to pay the service for 30 days.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@powerlong wrote:

I have the same trouble after I request cancelling my cable internet service. This is unacceptable as I still need to pay the service for 30 days.

It is, and there are people fighting it in the CRTC.

Problem is, its not only rogers that does it. MANY of the telecom companies do it, bell, telus, etc.

I've Been Around

After being with Rogers for over 20 years (I started with Cantel AT&T), I finally made the move to leave Rogers with tons of frustration. Rogers did not willing to provide me with much "good offers" even I told them repeatedly "I am leaving Rogers" including talking to customer retention couple times. I had three lines on the share anything plan, I move one line out first to give Rogers a warning, then I moved the other two lines couple months later and wave goodbye to Rogers for good. The customer service from the western canadian based mobile carrier is night and day comparing to Rogers, what a refreshing experience.

All telcos are not so motivate to provide the best offers to existing customer (it is just the nature of their business models), it is sad but seems like the best approach for customers to get the best deal is to jump to a different telcos every 2 years so that you are a "new" customer to someone.

Good morning @konpa01 and welcome to our Community!

Sorry to hear you've parted ways with us. I know pricing is a major concern to all us consumers. At Rogers, we value all our customers, be it new or tenured such as yourself. I'm sure my colleagues would have tried their best to meet your needs and work with your budget. Sometimes it's not an ideal resolution. I want to thank you for being such a long time and loyal customer with Rogers. We truly do appreciate your business Robot Happy.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

CANCELLED INTERNET BUT THEY RESTARTED IT THEY SAY I NOW OWE $657.00

My internet and TV ended July 24 .So I cancelled my internet but not my TV.I contacted another provider for internet to July 24 .So I took my modem back to Rogers and they asked me for my PVR.So I went back home to call Rogers and I thought it was fixed.They then sent me an email saying I wanted internet again plus they screwed up my PVR and I had to talk to support ($50.) So now I checked my bill and it says I owe $657. . I have to call Rogers again for 2 or 3 hours to try and fix this.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What does it specifically say the 657 is for?

How long have you been a customer and were you on any contract deals?

Thats my though.. that you were on contract pricing for X years.. if you break that early by droping one of the services, it would trigger payback of some of the savings you were getting, as your not on that contract anymore.