Late payment charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Late payment charges

I do not believe this is a One Off accident since I can attest it has happened to me three times in 2.5 years.  When I call they do reverse it but I think this is a scam as most people just pay when the charge is a few bucks.  I would often pay a few bucks to avoid 30minutes of my life wasted calling Rogers.  Hopefully, a moderator will read this and report that this is not good.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PAH555

All companies have late payment chargers if you missed the due date or do not pay on time. Find me a company that does not because thats hard to find. Any financial service company that deals with money or payment services have this.

If u missed a payment that's not the companies fault and charges that fee.

if you missed a payment and paid one day late then yes they shouldn't be charging it BUT if it's a couple days late or weeks then they have the right to do so. You signed a contract which says this too. Make sure to read the contract before signing it... Unfortunately this is how it is. Can't do much about it,

Hello @PAH555 and anyone who may be reading this thread!

If you're finding that you forget to make your payments on time, we do have automatic direct billing, so you'll never miss a payment and get dinged with a late charge again!

Personally, I have just about all my bills setup for automatic withdrawals, otherwise I would be constantly forgetting and getting hit with late payment charges.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I didn't miss my payment.  Payment was due on 24th.  I paid via bank transfer on 19th.  Rogers hit me for late charges.  So I had to call to get it fixed.  Not right.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does it show it was paid on the 16th at rogers side?  And then still getting the late fee?
Then its something on rogers side.

Otherwise, i would say its on the BANK side.

I pay my bills online through TD, and though even most transactions are not fully processed till the next BUSINESS day, If i pay before the due day, and that say falls on a weekend, i have never been hit for a late fee.  Rogers shows that I paid on that day, that the bank received payment for it on that day for Rogers (it just wasnt sent till the next business day)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PAH555

Then yes they should not be charging u any late fees. Does it show on your bank or Rogers side it was paid on the 16? If not then the bank you are with is either taking its time releasing the payment to Rogers or Rogers is having a issue on their end.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, my bank shows it was paid on the day I indicated about four days early.  Even Rogers admits they received the funds on time once I called them.  This is my point, its just wrong.  And it isn't a one off situation.  It has happened three times in about 24 months.  For a three dollar late charge, some people might think its not worth calling.  This could be a very profitable scam for Rogers.  

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I understand what @PAH555 is saying and it may be just be the billing being done before the payment is posted.   

Let's test my payment which is due on 16 Feb 2018 and a Friday.

I'll set it up so that the BANK (it shouldn't matter which) pays it on  15 Feb 2018 which is Thursday.

We all are told to give it a day for processing, so that is what we'll do and we'll see when the BANK processes it and when ROGERS processes it.   My Billing date is the 18th of the month which is a Sunday so this will be a interesting test of the process should I get an overage charge on my next bill. 

This is like running throught the airport trying to get your connection. A delay on first flight could ruin your day. 

@User14 wrote:

I understand what @PAH555 is saying and it may be just be the billing being done before the payment is posted.   

Let's test my payment which is due on 16 Feb 2018 and a Friday.

I'll set it up so that the BANK (it shouldn't matter which) pays it on  15 Feb 2018 which is Thursday.

We all are told to give it a day for processing, so that is what we'll do and we'll see when the BANK processes it and when ROGERS processes it.   My Billing date is the 18th of the month which is a Sunday so this will be a interesting test of the process should I get an overage charge on my next bill. 

This is like running throught the airport trying to get your connection. A delay on first flight could ruin your day. 

Be sure you define whether this is a payment or transfer ....It is my understanding that a "payment" could easily take a day or so to get posted  and a "transfer" is immediate and should be posted by the receiver at opening of business the next business day .  

So if you transfer  like @PAH555 supposedly did ,on the 15th,  Rogers should have it next day ...actually they should have it within seconds of when you transfer it but not likely posted till next morning as I understand  it .  

If you make a payment  then I think it is a coin toss whether  payment will be posted  on the 16 th or the 19th .  And then it all depends on the company ....on occasion  I  have made a "payment" to my credit card company no less , ON the due date  and  there was no late charge   .... so what does that say about the  Rogers policy ? 

@User14 wrote:

I think in @PAH555 's case it sounds more like a case of being   carried off the plane by the marshalls  because the airline  had overbooked. Smiley Wink