Late payment charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Late payment charges

While checking my Rogers bills on line, I discovered that I was charged a late payment fee because my automatic withdrawal payment for October 1st did not come out until October 3rd because it was a weekend. I urge everyone to check their bills to see if the same thing happened to them and call Rogers to have the charge reversed. I've checked my bank statements for the past year and in the past the Rogers system has recognized holidays and weekends and accepted those "late" payments, so this could be a one off glitch.

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Late payment charges

Hey @OLDYELLR,

Sounds like a delay in the posting of the payment may have caused a late payment fee. I'm happy to take a look to confirm. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps.

Thanks,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

Bills posted on may 19th for may 20th due date(a sat of the long weekend)and rogers squeezes an extra 2.13 from me.rogers wireless is graspingvat straws ?what a joke this company is.paid rogers cable at the same time.no late,imagine that.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Makes sense from a business standpoint doesn't it ?  Now you have to take $4  worth of your time to call in and  get it resolved .  Are you going to  call ?  Smiley Wink

I think that brings up an important issue that many have  not considered  ...how much do customers value their time at .   That was why, when I moved an account , time spent with customer service is a consideration ...and I'm finding that not all service  providers  tie up my time to the same extent ... even in just day to day checking of an account status .  Food for thought . Smiley Wink

edited to ask @phalkon  if this was an automatic withdrawal ? 

I Plan to Stick Around

From a business standpoint its pretty greasy bordering on fraud.A business model based  on people not reading or looking at their bills, is  just what rogers wireless seems to be all about.

And no, anyone that would allow automatic bill payment on anything besides mortgages or insurance is a stooge.This is exactly why.

Hey rogers,I have a question,how much money did you make last year from people that don't read their bills? Kinda funny how quick this discussion was moved to some old news back discussion.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phalkon

I know many companies that do this. Dell charges you $48 NFS fee if ur payment was returned back and also $3 dollars for late payments. Bell and Telus are similar to Rogers ( Most carriers actually). Same goes with other companies that u have a bill every month and u miss pay it, they have the right to charge u a late fee charge. I do believe Credit card companies do this as well.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I really haven't come across that many companies that   post bills  with a due date of the next day( at  least that's the case @phalkon presented ) .... thank goodness ... Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't miss payment,i paid a day early.rogers cable was paid at same time,not a prob.they are taking advantage of long weekends and due dates on weekends,and people that have auto payment and don't look at their bills.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phalkon

Have you tried speaking with management about this? If so what did they say? If they weren't helpful u have the option to speak to the OOP and have them take a look at this.

My post above was just showing most companies do this even if it's a long weekend. Dell has done this to me twice last year. Called in and complained.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @barndoor

Some do and it's weird of course. Something happened which shouldn't have.