Its time to say goodbye...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Its time to say goodbye...

So after 15+ years I have finally decided to look at other carriers as You - Rogers, are taking loyal customers for granted.  Teh sad part is that once Telus will import my number from you, your loyalty departemnet will call me and offer me anything I want so I will stay.  So I ask you - why play this game?

I have downloaded the new IOS on my Iphone 4S a day before you notified us we should not do it on older phones.  Now I have a phone that does not move.  Your CSR was "nice" and offered me a refurbished Iphone 4S for only $99.  Are you kidding me?

Your competiotor Telus has agreed to give me a new iphone 6 on a 2 yrs term and cover the outstanding balance of my contract.  On top of that, I will get from them the plan I originally had and that you have switched for some reason about a year ago.  Way to go Rogers - you lost a client who spent 1000s of dollards with you throughout the years. 

***Edited Labels.***

Re: Its time to say goodbye...

Good evening abbashelidan,

I would hate to see a 15+ year customer leave us under such circumstances. Are you on Facebook or Twitter? If so, please reach out to us at www.facebook.com/rogers or @RogersHelps on Twitter. When you do so, please reference this forum post and we will continue to work with you there.

However, if you're not on Facebook or Twitter, please reach out to our LiveChat team.

I'm a Regular

Why go through the hassle? If you can get a better plan with Telus, go for it. You will be pleasantly surprised by how much better Telus' coverage is 🙂
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All depends on where you are.
You cant make that assumption for everyone/everywhere.

Each person needs to do the research and find out what the best one for them is, in their area (where they live, travel, work).

EG: My brother is on tellus.. and his phone is practically useless where i live.  Bell and rogers, while not great, have decent coverage at least.

I'm a Regular

Hi Gdkitty, I agree - it's always location-dependent...but the chances of being covered by Bell/Telus are far better than Rogers.  I'm speaking strictly on coverage percentages, which is fact.  It's not even a contest.  Bell/Telus cover more than 98% of the Canadian population.  Rogers on the other hand...well, no idea...they don't even advertise it anymore 😉  Also surprised that there's no Telus coverage where you live but Bell works?  Bell and Telus share the same RAN (radio network) all over the country...reception should be identical.  While they each have their own cores, the experience (e.g. data speeds) can certainly be different between Bell and Telus...but from a signal/reception perspective, it has to be identical since they both access and use one single RAN.  It could be that the Telus phone being used just has a poor radio chipset.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is possible.

I know my brother in law on bell, is ok at the house... hes on an iphone.

My brother tho, is on a BB.   Could just the be that phone in particular.

At least there is a bell tower closer to here now.  Way back probably 8ish years ago.. when roaming, etc even out of your calling area was alot more relivent for being charged for calls, etc..
The closest one, was ACROSS the lake from me.. and was a vastly different city.. so was always getting ROAMING fees 😛
(that is when i first switched to rogers for cellular)

Best thing anyone can do, is ask around who has what phone and find out what works best there.

I'm a Regular

Hmmm, BB should actually have better reception than iPhone. I've always found BBs to have some of the best RF performance of any mobile device. Is your brother still using a BB on Telus' old CDMA network? If that's the case, then there would definitely be a different experience compared to your bro-in-laws device. i.e. BB on Telus CDMA network vs iPhone on shared Bell/Telus HSPA/LTE network.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its a BB10.. so it SHOULDNT be..?

But mind you.. he was able to upgrade to it.. and he has some ANCIENT package on there still..
Like only 250 texts, limited minutes, limited data, etc...
So its quite possible its not even and LTE sim, etc in it... and he's limiting his connection.

Could also just be tower location.
I know in the zehrs plaza in my town.. Rogers is fine there..  Bell/Telus.  ZERO reception.. it just happens to be in a dead zone pocket where their towers dont reach.

(i am a little further north.. so towers do get a little more spotty location wise)

I'm a Regular

Ah ok, yeah BB10 should be running off of the shared HSPA network. Strange. First time I've heard of iPhone having better signal sensitivity than BB! 🙂