Invalid SIM on working phone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Invalid SIM on working phone?

I was trying to change the SIM on one of our phones, and went through the online process, but once I hit submit I get an error that the CURRENT SIM is invalid?  The current SIM seems to work just fine, and I've checked/re-entered the number a million times but continue getting the error.  I tried contacting live chat on the issue and the agent was completely unhelpful.  Any other ideas other than dragging myself into a Rogers store?

(I need to activate a new SIM because I'm handing down a nano-SIM phone to replace an older micro-SIM device and I don't really want to get into physically cutting the old SIM.)  

ETA:  I also tried getting the number through the software settings in case the number printed on the card was wrong, but they match.

*Edited Labels*

Re: Invalid SIM on working phone?

Hello @unityco,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate the steps you've already taken to activate the SIM on your end. Is the SIM currently active on a wireless number? Did you have this SIM activated on an alternate number? Just as an FYI, a SIM can only be resumed on the original cellphone number it’s assigned to.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, the current SIM is active on a current number. The only number it's ever been assigned to.

Hello, @unityco

Thank you for your patience. We can further look into it for you and activate your Nano SIM, I suggest sending us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin