cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Modem Stolen at Doorstep on Delivery

ElijahG
I've been around

I signed up for rogers internet yesterday at my local store and they shipped the modem to me. I inquired if they had one in the store that could be provided, but they said they will only ship it to me. When I got home from work today I checked the tracking number on the email that was sent to me when it shipped and it said it had arrived at my door. I checked every door to and inside the apartment I live at, and I inquired with all of the neighbors if they had seen a package waiting for me. Nobody had seen anything, and we have had problems with theft of our mail in the past. Has anybody ever had an issue like this with rogers shipping, I had assumed they would've required a signature but obviously that is not the case. I want to make sure I won't be getting into an argument because there is no way I should be liable for Roger's leased property if they did not have it get signed over.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Internet Modem Stolen at Doorstep on Delivery

RogersCorey

Greetings @ElijahG!

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear that your modem got stolen right off your porch. That's not a great start to this journey!

Porch pirates are a blight and this particular thief is going to find that this package has no value to him or her since these modems only work as rentals on a Rogers connection. Worry not because these things happen and we're not going to hold you personally responsible for it.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can document your account accordingly and arrange for a new modem to be sent. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

I don't get why people would want to steal a Rogers broadband internet modem from someone's doorstep. Do these thieves think they are smart or something?

Modems have serial numbers, and need to be activated, which likely wont be happening to the modem the thieves got. did they think they can just steal it and plug it into their home and it will work? lol anyways I feel for you ElijahG hope rogers solves your issues

Deathaddict
I've been here awhile

Well I can already tell you that whoever stole the package is going to have a hard time trying to use the modem since it needs to be activated for it to work... 

Best of luck hopefully you don't end up having to pay for the modem 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation