International Text Messaging included in Share Everything plans ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

International Text Messaging included in Share Everything plans ?

Are text messages to USA wireless numbers included in the Share Everything Plan?  If not, what add-on is necessary and at what cost?  Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: International Text Messaging included in Share Everything plans ?

Hi @Dan_Kaz ,

The Share Everything plans come with unlimited Canada wide messaging (text, picture and video messaging).

In order to have US text messaging you have a few options.

• $4 per month – 25 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.
  • $7 per month – 50 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.
  • $10 per month – 250 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.
  • $15 per month – 500 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.

Based on the fact that you are on a Share Everything plan, you could choose a Value Pack for $699 per month.

This would give you;

• Premium Voicemail-To-Text
  • 35 Voice Messages
  • Name Display
  • WhoCalled™
  • U.S. & International Preferred Rate
  • Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages

It would actually be worth $18/month in savings!

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dan_Kaz ,

The Share Everything plans come with unlimited Canada wide messaging (text, picture and video messaging).

In order to have US text messaging you have a few options.

• $4 per month – 25 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.
  • $7 per month – 50 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.
  • $10 per month – 250 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.
  • $15 per month – 500 text messages to US and International phone numbers unlimited received.

Based on the fact that you are on a Share Everything plan, you could choose a Value Pack for $699 per month.

This would give you;

• Premium Voicemail-To-Text
  • 35 Voice Messages
  • Name Display
  • WhoCalled™
  • U.S. & International Preferred Rate
  • Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages

It would actually be worth $18/month in savings!

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Funny how many other carriers offer UNLIMITED Text & Picture Messaging to Canada & US as part of their regular plans at less than half the cost of a Share Everything plan!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re : International Text Messaging included in Share Everything plans ?

I have been with rogers for 5 years and it seems like their plans get higher every year \ you should lower yur plans. What's most frustrating is the fact that you don't even give the free international texting(Koodo a lower value offer that). You rogers i beleive you can find some alternative for your customer (specially the loyal one) 

Highlighted

Good evening @diakiss89,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry for the late reply. I understand that you find the Share Everything plans expensive. However, did you know that the cost of the plans for subsidized devices was impacted due to the fact that terms went from being 36 months to 24 months.

Take a look above, you will find the options to obtain international text messages included in your plan.

Being a Rogers customer, there are several advantages that you benefit from that are not necessarily offered by Koodo. There is Rogers Freedom Advantage, NHL GameCentre Live or ROAM LIKE HOME just to name a few.

Thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer. We do appreciate your loyalty. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

thank you for the informations that you have provided 

Highlighted

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening @diakiss89,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry for the late reply. I understand that you find the Share Everything plans expensive. However, did you know that the cost of the plans for subsidized devices was impacted due to the fact that terms went from being 36 months to 24 months.

Take a look above, you will find the options to obtain international text messages included in your plan.

Being a Rogers customer, there are several advantages that you benefit from that are not necessarily offered by Koodo. There is Rogers Freedom Advantage, NHL GameCentre Live or ROAM LIKE HOME just to name a few.

Thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer. We do appreciate your loyalty. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps! 

RogersMaude

Despite the fact that there are now 2-year plans, other companies are offering subsidized phones at a much lower rate than Rogers! The bottom line is that the Share Everything plans ARE expensive.

I could care less about  Rogers Freedom Advantage, NHL GameCentre Live or ROAM LIKE HOME. All I wanted was a decent rate from Rogers and Share Everything did nothing for me. We have 2 phones for half the price of Share Everything from another provider.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets  Yes, there are some of us that are just downright persistent on the point that the value for cost in the share everything plans are not for some of us.  Some of us don't buy subsidized phones, and don't need the best of the best iphones, would never reserve the next thing (don't need to be the first - our egos are stroked by our family and friends, not by what phone we have in our pocket) and my ego is stroked by how much value that I want can I get for the least price.

And you are right, other companies do subsidize phones too, just don't add on the bells and whistles, but do offer very comparable plans for cheaper. You know because you have done it.  I know because my daughters did it. And I am not far away - March when my current phone committment ends - by the way, that was a loyalty offer just before this whole share anything model came in - I got the phone subsidized, just for committing to stay for 2 years, and agree to pay back to flex plan if I leave - so Rogers has done it before, and as posted earlier, there was a table put forward that showed some phones we could buy at lesser subsidized prices and keep our existing plans - As she said, it didn't exist a few weeks before when my daughter could have used it and just think, if they had, she would still be a customer. Action speaks louder than words, and so does our actions.

However, did you know that the cost of the plans for subsidized devices was impacted due to the fact that terms went from being 36 months to 24 months.

I think we all know that, we have been told enough times already, by this forum, as well as from CSR's who also put forward the same points as they try to move me forward on plans, but the discussion ends when I say I don't want a subsidized phone, don't want Shomi, Next, and all the other things.  As for Roger's freedom advantage, most companies offer the exact thing, but under different names, and slightly different terms (but haven't we heard that Rogers doesn't match prices anymore on phones - may be wrong, vaguely remember reading that question and discussion - it was never firmly answered one way or the other) and by the way, I can't find rogers freedom anywhere on the site anywhere even when searching it. Just found reference to dropped price matching - but can't find any details on the status of the Freedom program though, except it keeps changing.

"

You’ll notice we’ve added more value to the overall Rogers experience with Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE, Roam Like Home, Rogers First Rewards, and other great perks!”

In the light of almost no competition, Rogers’ decision makes sense. The carrier also noted that customers will still be able to share data with up to 10 devices through its Share Everything plans, and that Rogers will “continue to offercompetitive pricing for all devices.”

http://www.thetelecomblog.com/2015/01/07/rogers-price-matching-program-to-be-discontinued-from-janua...

Once again, we see that word value, we keep adding value - but as some of us are saying, these things are not valuable to us.  Kind of like offering me my new car with racing tires, free, but be aware that those tires wear out faster and you will replace tires once a year. Value in whose mind.

I think I understand Rogers definition of value and cost - value is adding more things, whether we really want it or not and not giving us the choice, and as one plan doesn't work, put another in - price matching - next program, rewards, value paks that come and go, etc. No wonder CSR's have so much trouble keeping track of what is going on and they put us on hold so much as they search knowledge bases, FAQ's current Internet site material, and fellow staff and supervisors.

They work in it every day and they can't keep track.

So continue to educate us why it is value and many of us will keep coming back as to why it is not valuable, nor worth paying for and that all we want is some choice to meet our own wants. I don't say needs, because we don't need phones to live. We may think so, but it is not true.

And around and around we go, where it stops nobody knows. As they say at the CNE, they say, Doggie, doggie, step right in and give it a try.

Got to go work out and take care of a true need, that has excellent value - it is part of my treatment for my PTSD and is payed for via OHIP as part of a large mental health treatment centre.  Guess what, no cell phones allowed to in patients because they are addictive, interfere with thought patterns, lead to perseveration (such as I did last week), and interfere with good sleep hygene - turn all electronics off 2 hours before bed time, do something quite, relax, have a bath.

The discussion of value and cost is a fun one - Rogers used to say we try our best to meet our needs - I always came back with "a phone is not a need, it is a want".  Marketing has given us things like the "new bigger, big bar".  Did we need a bigger one - if we share it, sure, but more likely we eat it all, pay more money, and get diabetes and overweight. And they will say that more is also more value for the money. More value for the company it should be said.  But for those who don't worry about the amount of sugar they eat, yes it is more value for the money.

There is a group of us here that are saying we want our definition of value for the cheapest prices, and yes every decision has compromises, but we will assess them and choose. Emphasis on the word choose.

So I am done, at least until someone tries to convince us that share everything plans have more value for the money once again.

Just reward my "loyalty" by keeping my services similiar (if I am not buying subsidized phones), I am ok with inflationary increases once in a while, and I will be a long term customer because you have truly rewarded my loyalty, not with bigger, "better" plans, but listening or requirements to meet our live styles, and allowing us to choose.

Has anybody noticed that the most vocal people on this particular issue are the customers with longest services. Interesting.

Bruce

Highlighted

@BS wrote:

@JohhnyRockets 

However, did you know that the cost of the plans for subsidized devices was impacted due to the fact that terms went from being 36 months to 24 months.

Bruce

I am not going to address your entire post! Smiley Wink I am well aware though that the cost of plans were impacted by changing the length of terms from 3 years to 2 years. However my wife and I were able to get 2 entry level Android smartphones at no cost whatsoever. Like you, we are not all gung ho to get the latest iPhone 6 or whatever Samsung model is comparable. This to us is definitely better than having to purchase our phones outright. Not only that but we did get all of the bells and whistles inlcuded in our very modestly priced plan - bells and whistles we could not have received from Rogers. Included are the following: Unlimited International text; 200 anytime minutes (more than we will ever use); Call Display; Smartphone Data (a modest amount to be used only when wifi is not available); Txt & Pic msg to Can & US; Voicemail; Unlimited evenings & wknd from 5PM; Canada-Wide Calling; Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3-Way Calling. We are also with a company that offers great coverage on a network that is equal to or better than the Rogers Network. Unfortunately, we could not even come close with Rogers to the deal we got; otherwise we would have stayed. 

Highlighted

Johnny I think  BS was just teasing you .  Smiley Wink

We've been beaten over the head with this so much by Rogers people  it seems hard to believe no one knows

the cost of the plans for subsidized devices was impacted due to the fact that terms went from being 36 months to 24 months. "

One has to wonder though if some other aspect of the business hasn't slipped up though ... maybe poor negotiation of the original purchase  of said devices.  Kind of along the same lines as how can others use the Rogers network yet charge less than Rogers ...a little slip up in negotiations maybe ? 

And do they have to PAY for those ads they bombard us with on TVand other places. I find them so nauseating and sanctimonious  I wouldn't subscribe to their other offerings just out of principle ... but hey that's just me. 

Obviously there are enough people out there  that do like their product  that they are being financially rewarded enough that they don't feel they need to cater to strongly to  people with  our service wants. 

I guess that leaves us only one choice ... to vote with our feet ...because I for one am done wasting my time with this. We have voiced our opinion and BS has clarified several times in no uncertain terms where we stand so it's up to Rogers now. 

It's been a blast guys but you  can only flog a dead horse for so long.  Smiley LOL