Increase in Monthly Usage Allowance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Increase in Monthly Usage Allowance

I just noticed that my monthly usage allowance for my internet plan has been increased from 70GB to 100GB. Is this permanent and is there is price increase for this change?

***Edited Label***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Increase in Monthly Usage Allowance

Hi @cms13ca,

Welcome to the Community.

Several grandfathered Internet packages have been revised to add additional usage and/or higher speeds.  This upgrade is automatic and free of charge. 

If you would like us to take a look into your account please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @cms13ca,

We need more information to help you - what city/province are you in?

EDIT: No current internet packages (link) offered in Ontario offer the transfer cap you were getting (or are now getting).  Maybe @CommunityHelps could assist via PM?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I live in Waterloo Region , Ontario.  The image below shows my monthly usage and allowance for the past six months. The allowance for last month had increased, but I had noticed it until today.rogerson_100GB.jpg

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My Internet Package is now listed as Hybrid Fibre 60 100GB. It had been Hybrid Fibre 30.

Highlighted

Hi @cms13ca,

Welcome to the Community.

Several grandfathered Internet packages have been revised to add additional usage and/or higher speeds.  This upgrade is automatic and free of charge. 

If you would like us to take a look into your account please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

WHY ??? 

Colour me confused. 

Here we have Rogers handing out unsoliicited bonuses to grand fathered plans ???  Yet  in the case of my cell phone plan Rogers  notified me  that they could no longer honour it and the pricing needed to increase and then they added on another general $5 addition to the  plan with NO improvement in service and no offer to even match the competition.  

Surely Rogers can see why I have gone to another company  .... and with absolutely no regrets when I  read things like this.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @barndoor

Everyone sees it differently.

High Speed Internet and Wireless Internet are two different things. While yes they offer the same Internet, the speeds and Internet usage is different. Also the grandfathered plans and all are very different.

Wireless Internet plans stay the same unless u want a new device. At that point u need to upgrade to the new plan or contact Rogers retentions for a better deal.

High Speed Internet is used more then wireless Internet is with access to over WiFi and multiple products. So they upped the speeds and usage for that. I like thay idea. Again you might not but those that got it and many others like me which are happy about this aee glad they did it. This way they keep their older grandfathered High Speed Internet customers happy as they don't get the same deals we do as wireless customers.

Hopefully with the change of CEO they will change a few more things around,
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes i guess thats the problem  .... I don't see that it makes a difference what type of interent plan it is ... isn't it about the principle of a gandfathered plan and  why do you give one customer an unsolicited value  and in another case reduce the value so they  want to leave . What is the point of then  hiring staff to deal with the fallout when if you had just left it alone all would have been good  ? 

Does giving away extra high speed internet not cut in to gross  revenue from what seems to be more expensive  wireless internet  as you can go home and switch to wifi ? Of course those of you that get it will be happier ... but in the big picture if they then have to short change me on my grandfathered  plan  and they loose a customer like they did  ....have they really gained anything  ?