Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josel
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

Yes, I have the same problem. They offered me a 150$ Amazon gift card and I haven't received any Gift card. I have talked to the customer service 3 times and they say only keep waiting. I have been waiting for more than 2 months.
EmilyNodwell
I've Been Around

Hi there,

When I signed up for Rogers ignite internet I was told I would be receiving a promotion ( an amazon or Walmart gift card, I was told). After three weeks of not receiving an email, checking my junk and spam mail daily, I contacted Rogers support. I was then told it could take up to 6 weeks from installation date to receive. It is now past that point and I have yet to see anything.

I really hope this promised promotion gets fulfilled and sorted out on Rogers end, ASAP.

KrymsonRed
I've Been Here Awhile

I finally received my email. I opted for a physical Walmart card yet lo & behold, today I received an email on how to redeem a digital Amazon card. I shop at Walmart more than Amazon. I would prefer a Walmart card in the mail. But it looks like I'll be taking Amazon so as not to lose the gift card.
rendt
I'm Here A Lot

Hi all, more update as today I received the digital Amazon gift card I requested, I have redeemed it and has the additional $150 balance in my Amazon account. I guess I am lucky enough to have reached the light at the end of the tunnel. But for everyone who has been in the same frustrating journey, let me give you an idea on what I went through so that you may do the same and hopefully receive your gift cards too.

1. I signed up my internet service on September 4th, like most I saved a transcript saying that I was promised the $150 gift card as part of the promotion.

2. Waited, constantly checked email including spam folder, and a few times contacted the reps who had been advising that I continue waiting til the end of the 6 weeks before contacting them again to request for escalation.

3. After the 6th week, October 16th, I still haven't received anything, so I contacted the rep again who promptly sent my case for escalation, but also told me that it could take up to 4 weeks for any update. So I marked November 13th to remind myself.

4. November 6th, I got the email from 'Rogers Communications <rogers@e.helloworldmail.com>' for link to register the gift card of my choice. I opted for the digital because waiting has been long and frustrating. Noted that it could take up to 4 weeks again, so I marked December 4th.

5. November 19th, today, I received a note from the same email above saying my gift card is here. Opened the link, and redeemed it on Amazon to see my balance topped up by $150. 

I'm relieved they went through with their promise, but I also shared the same frustration as everyone else. I wished Rogers simplified their systems and not putting customers in a long winding road in all aspects, most importantly their customer service. I hope they are keeping the gift card promise to everyone. Make sure that you all diligently follow up so that you don't lose it or go beyond the time limit. Save all transcripts of all conversation. Good luck, folks.

Jeff146
I've Been Here Awhile

That's really good and glad you got yours. I actually registered the same day as you on November 6th as well but still haven't gotten my email. Was just wondering, did you pick Amazon or Walmart for your gift card?
JDS_Ott
I Plan to Stick Around

It's hard to believe this thread has been marked Closed by Rogers Support. This is not even close to being closed.

$150 amazon gift card email received Wednesday (start of service was Sept 3, 2020). Came from: Rogers Communications <rogers@e.helloworldmail.com>. The claim code was accepted by Amazon. At some points thought this would not happen.

I believe the ccts complaint I added expedited this. I asked for root cause to be detailed, and balance of customers to get their promotion amount, but I am doubtful ccts will enforce this.

Hopefully everyone gets the promotion they were promised. My advice is escalate and avoid runaround.

rendt
I'm Here A Lot

I picked the Amazon since I had some bigger purchases planned through amazon, nice to have a 'free' one with the gift card

KrymsonRed
I've Been Here Awhile

I picked the Walmart card but received Amazon anyway with an email saying all gifts from the gifts with purchase are redeemed through Amazon.
absolutejimmy
I've Been Around

I was also told I would get an email to pick either Walmart or Amazon gift card.

However, Mine was just installed very recently on Nov 25th. I am not too sure if that promotion was actually in place or was expired.

Called Rogers over the phone, I must admit, calling them is the worst part. 2 hours waiting any time of the day you call? Such a cheap company!

My mistake to get Rogers. I ain't ready to waste my life calling them and waiting for 2 hours every single time. I would probably go back to BELL atleast they don't make me wait and making me hear some stupid music!

What a service!

RSCUST
I've Been Here Awhile

I am in the same boat . I was told that there was a three week delay due to Amazon. Now I’m being told that there was a mistake from Rogers in applying the promotion code to my account . Countless hours dealing with this via phone wells and live chat leave me to believe that Rogers is giving me the runaround . It’s ridiculous .