When I signed up for Rogers ignite internet I was told I would be receiving a promotion ( an amazon or Walmart gift card, I was told). After three weeks of not receiving an email, checking my junk and spam mail daily, I contacted Rogers support. I was then told it could take up to 6 weeks from installation date to receive. It is now past that point and I have yet to see anything.
I really hope this promised promotion gets fulfilled and sorted out on Rogers end, ASAP.
Hi all, more update as today I received the digital Amazon gift card I requested, I have redeemed it and has the additional $150 balance in my Amazon account. I guess I am lucky enough to have reached the light at the end of the tunnel. But for everyone who has been in the same frustrating journey, let me give you an idea on what I went through so that you may do the same and hopefully receive your gift cards too.
1. I signed up my internet service on September 4th, like most I saved a transcript saying that I was promised the $150 gift card as part of the promotion.
2. Waited, constantly checked email including spam folder, and a few times contacted the reps who had been advising that I continue waiting til the end of the 6 weeks before contacting them again to request for escalation.
3. After the 6th week, October 16th, I still haven't received anything, so I contacted the rep again who promptly sent my case for escalation, but also told me that it could take up to 4 weeks for any update. So I marked November 13th to remind myself.
4. November 6th, I got the email from 'Rogers Communications <firstname.lastname@example.org>' for link to register the gift card of my choice. I opted for the digital because waiting has been long and frustrating. Noted that it could take up to 4 weeks again, so I marked December 4th.
5. November 19th, today, I received a note from the same email above saying my gift card is here. Opened the link, and redeemed it on Amazon to see my balance topped up by $150.
I'm relieved they went through with their promise, but I also shared the same frustration as everyone else. I wished Rogers simplified their systems and not putting customers in a long winding road in all aspects, most importantly their customer service. I hope they are keeping the gift card promise to everyone. Make sure that you all diligently follow up so that you don't lose it or go beyond the time limit. Save all transcripts of all conversation. Good luck, folks.
It's hard to believe this thread has been marked Closed by Rogers Support. This is not even close to being closed.
$150 amazon gift card email received Wednesday (start of service was Sept 3, 2020). Came from: Rogers Communications <email@example.com>. The claim code was accepted by Amazon. At some points thought this would not happen.
I believe the ccts complaint I added expedited this. I asked for root cause to be detailed, and balance of customers to get their promotion amount, but I am doubtful ccts will enforce this.
Hopefully everyone gets the promotion they were promised. My advice is escalate and avoid runaround.
I picked the Amazon since I had some bigger purchases planned through amazon, nice to have a 'free' one with the gift card
I was also told I would get an email to pick either Walmart or Amazon gift card.
However, Mine was just installed very recently on Nov 25th. I am not too sure if that promotion was actually in place or was expired.
Called Rogers over the phone, I must admit, calling them is the worst part. 2 hours waiting any time of the day you call? Such a cheap company!
My mistake to get Rogers. I ain't ready to waste my life calling them and waiting for 2 hours every single time. I would probably go back to BELL atleast they don't make me wait and making me hear some stupid music!
What a service!