cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Home Phone long distance charge for calls I didn’t make.

SilverFox2
I've been here awhile

I was billed for 2 calls to Hungary which 100% were not made by anyone in our house (just my wife and I during Covid, no one else has been in our home at all, we don’t even know anyone in Hungary).  Don’t see how it could be a misdial given the need for country codes.  Rogers policy is no refunds on long distance calls as they are considered “valid”, meaning there can be no mistake that the call originated from our home phone (no explanation as to how Rogers 100% certain of that).  We know we did not dial the calls, we didn’t accept collect calls, no call forwarding.  Anyone have this same issue or anyone can explain how this might have occurred?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Home Phone long distance charge for calls I didn’t make.

SilverFox2
I've been here awhile

Forum Private Message solved issue. The 2 calls in question were actually made by me to an Ontario location (don’t know why call destination was identified as Hungary, but no matter) and no long distance charges were applied to the calls.  There were extra charges for those calls but they were for operator assistance which I did use for those calls.  If I had looked at the detailed PDF version of my bill, I would have recognized the phone numbers and I would have seen the OAS code and fees for operator assistance (I didn’t see that detailed info on the online version of the bill).  Thanks to RogersAndy to pointing me to PM system for help and to RogersLaura for helping me solve my issue...great help!! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ignite Home Phone long distance charge for calls I didn’t make.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @SilverFox2!

Welcome to the community!

Seeing an unexpected charge on your bill I imagine came as quite the shock! Though I can confirm the accuracy of our call logging, this is something we can look into for you. 

Regarding the validity of the calls logged, here's a simplified overview. All calls logged associated with your phone number, inbound and outbound, through the local switch are logged to include the number, time and duration to ensure accurate billing. A call that did not occur cannot be logged as it's essentially an automated direct pull of that information.

We can if you'd like review the call details as mentioned via PM. Feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps. You can read more about our PM system here.

@RogersAndy

SilverFox2
I've been here awhile

Forum Private Message solved issue. The 2 calls in question were actually made by me to an Ontario location (don’t know why call destination was identified as Hungary, but no matter) and no long distance charges were applied to the calls.  There were extra charges for those calls but they were for operator assistance which I did use for those calls.  If I had looked at the detailed PDF version of my bill, I would have recognized the phone numbers and I would have seen the OAS code and fees for operator assistance (I didn’t see that detailed info on the online version of the bill).  Thanks to RogersAndy to pointing me to PM system for help and to RogersLaura for helping me solve my issue...great help!! 

etabud
I've been around
1 was charged 1.75 for 1 accidental call. The number called was not even a telephone number but Rogers charged us anyway. I asked for a reversal of the charge but was not successful.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation