INTERAC Payments Constantly Fail for Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanpearce89
I've Been Around

INTERAC Payments Constantly Fail for Rogers

I use INTERAC online payments for almost everything and never have problems except with Rogers where it's a 50/50 chance the payment is processed. What gives Rogers? It's a pain to regularly have to resubmit payments after waiting 24-48 hours. I never had these problems with Bell or any other online retail where I use INTERAC. Further my account number won't work for online bill payments through my bank, my money is always lost to a black hole. It's been extremely frustrating to be a Rogers customer.

***Edited Labels***

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: INTERAC Payments Constantly Fail for Rogers

Hi @deanpearce89

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Are you getting an error message when you try to add your account number as a payee for online banking?

What's the company that you're selecting, Rogers Cable or Rogers Wireless?

Let us know and we can further assist with setting you up to make your payments via online banking.

@RogersPrasana

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The online banking issue, may be more from your BANK than rogers end.

I have been paying mine through my bank for.. 10+ years? Without issue.

Now, with rogers.. at least on my band, TD, when you search rogers, there are like 5+ options for them.. i think based on what type of services you have, etc.
If you have X only, can be one, Y only another, but any combination containing both (and any other) used another.
May be the trick of finding the right one.

tekha63
I'm Here A Lot

I am getting the same issue again. It's NOT an online banking issue but a direct interac payment through the Rogers website. I've been unable to pay from two different computers using different browsers. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

RogersTony

Hello @tekha63,

It's never a fun experience when you are unable to pay your bill online through Interac, I personally pay most of my bills that way so I really do understand your frustration here.

We would like to inquire further about what is happening so we can get it resolved for you. Have you been able to make the payment since your last post or are you still getting that error message? What is the error message you are getting?

If you are still experiencing issues we can escalate this matter for you, keep us posted!

RogersTony

jwayne
I Plan to Stick Around

With TD,pay bill,add new payee,put Rogers in the box,a menu will appear for you to click 9 number account,12 number account,etc.,click the one that suits your account number,and then type your account number in the box that appears.

diggermax
I've Been Here Awhile

Just checked my account to find out my payment was "lost" by Rogers. Money came out of my account but not processed by Rogers and now I have a late billing fee. Thanks for nothing Rogers
RogersLaura

Hello @diggermax,

A very warm welcome to the community and thank you for your first post here! We hope you've been keeping safe and well! 🙂

I understand that you recently made a payment to Rogers for your services and the payment seems to have disappeared? How odd! Just to better clarify your situation, did you log in to your MyRogers account online to make a payment through your bank? Or did you go directly through your bank via online/telephone banking to make your payment? If you have Rogers set up as a 'payee' with your bank, it is super important to check the account number that you have registered to ensure that it matches up with the account number that is reflected on your monthly invoice. You may also log in to your banking info to check the payment details to confirm that it was sent to the correct account number as well.

Often times, a customer may have an old or incorrect account number registered which can cause the payment to be delayed or sent to the wrong place. In this case, you'll want to ensure the account number is properly updated going forward. If this is not applicable to your situation, please do reach out to us via PM so we can investigate further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

diggermax
I've Been Here Awhile

As a matter of fact I have just made another payment with the assistance of my banking rep. all of my account info is correct. I still don't see this second payment as processed
jwayne
I Plan to Stick Around

There is the odd time the payment does not show as paid for 3 or 4 days on Rogers  and other times payment zips right through.