I was not informed of a cancellation fee...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

I was not informed of a cancellation fee...

Hi all,

I recently cancel my service. My bill was fully paid as well as my phone (an old iPhone 6s). When I cancel I was not informed of any outstanding payment. Yet, two months later I was charged almost CAD 150. I called customer service and they said that the amount was not displayed by default and was only shown after the fact but since my account was cancelled I could not see any of that. I believe that as a customer, by law, we have the right to have all information about our accounts.

I am looking into a formal complain, but it is a time consuming exercise. I wanted people in the community to be aware.

Thanks.

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: I was not informed of a cancellation fee...

Hey @wilmar,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!  Right out of the gate it sounds like there may have been a remaining balance on your device and/or contract. I’m happy to take a look and shed some light into it so we can get to the bottom of it.

You can reach out here, by private messaging our @CommunityHelps inbox. You can learn how to send a PM, here.

Thanks,

RogersTim