cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop getting a text message for every voicemail?

automaton
I plan to stick around

Right now if someone calls me and it goes to voicemail I get 3 redundant notifications:

1. Missed call from the phone (this isn't Rogers fault and it makes sense)

2. A voicemail indication that is coming from Rogers network (also fine)

3. A text message saying I have a new voicemail from the phone number (why?)

I want to stop getting (3), the text message. How can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to stop getting a text message for every voicemail?

RogersYasmine

Greetings @automaton!

Thanks for posting your inquiry here in the community. We hope you've been doing well!

I can understand how it might seem repetitive to have several notifications about the same call sent your way. Unfortunately, that particular feature is automatically included and cannot be disabled at this time. So sorry for any disappointment caused. 😞

Thanks for being a part of this community and have a nice day!!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersYasmine

Greetings @automaton!

Thanks for posting your inquiry here in the community. We hope you've been doing well!

I can understand how it might seem repetitive to have several notifications about the same call sent your way. Unfortunately, that particular feature is automatically included and cannot be disabled at this time. So sorry for any disappointment caused. 😞

Thanks for being a part of this community and have a nice day!!

RogersYasmine

expresspotato
I plan to stick around

Ugh this is the worst feature ever... Every phone since 1997 offers a voicemail indicator, why does Rogers clutter my SMS with all these chats about voicemails from spam numbers! Pain in my butt, only from Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what kind of phone do u have

I would also like to know if there has been a fix for this problem.  My wife and I both find that "feature" extremely unnecessary and annoying. 

Hello, @RCW17.

Thank you for joining this thread; the text message lets you know at a glance if the pending voicemail is from a known number. I appreciate your point; it may be a redundant feature. However, it can't be disabled, as discussed in the solution post.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Val_B
I've been around
Hi @RogersMoin

I understand that the text message feature cannot be turned off at this time. My question is, why not? Technology is advancing every day. Surely there is someone in the Rogers universe with the skill set to make this happen, even if it was made customer's choice. There must be someone we can talk to, to get this fixed. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Val_B

ke125
I'm here a lot

I am also having the problem with the text message notifications about voicemails. I've never had this before with other carriers. I am getting 3+ scam calls a day, and figured out how to block the calls but I get all their voice messages and the voicemail notification texts. Make it go away please!  

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation