How to stop getting Rogers "Sorry to see you go" flyers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

How to stop getting Rogers "Sorry to see you go" flyers?

My wife and I have been living in our apartment for almost a year now, and I'm assuming the previous tennant used Rogers internet because we are constantly getting flyers says "We're sorry to see you go! We'll hope you reconsider us!"

I understand this once or twice, but it continues to happen. Every month or so there's another one in the mail! And it's been almost a whoe year!

I called and spoke to a Rogers representative who informed me something along the linnes of "It's just what they do" and he specifically said "There's nothing they can do about it" - which seems crazy to me.

This isn't any sort of large pressing issue, but how many people are getting spammed like this in Canada? And how much wasted paper is going out because of this?

And is there a law prohibiting mail solicitations of this sort after I've informed them of my move and me having no connection to any Rogers products whatsoever?

Not mad, just irritated at this waste and annoyance and obvious oversight in their automated "Lost Customer" plan...

Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: How to stop getting Rogers "Sorry to see you go" flyers?

Are they addressed to envelope write moved on the a specific person.? If they are just write moved/ return to sender on the envelope and drop it in a mailbox. Maybe Rogers will get the message.

I don't know for sure, but chances are, if they are automatically sent out they will stop after a s set period of time.
I'm a Senior Advisor

If they're being sent using the "Addressed Admail" rate, then sending them back is a waste of time, because Rogers never sees them.

Built into the cost of a regular stamp, or any regular mail rate, is the theoretical return trip (in case of wrong address, etc). Most advertising mail is sent using a cheaper rate, partly because they aren't paying for return service.

Any admail that comes back to Canada Post as RTS is simply shredded.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct, RTS mail no longer goes back to the sender Smiley Sad

Which is tough..   Currenly, one of the previous owners (not sure if the last or prior to that) of our house.. never changed their address for their info for the 407.
We started to get laywers letters.. and then collection agency stuff to our mail.... even after putting RTS on all of them.
Called canada post and found out that they dont go back anymore..

For me.. i am waiting for the time, that i am harassed directly (sending the collections agency to the door, etc) because of this other person.. and there is not much at all that i can do about it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Correction....mail paid at a lettermail rate WILL go back to the sender.

The problem is that its the senders responsibility to update their internal mailing lists and databases. Nothing Canada Post can do to force that.