How to Request a Credit Limit Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How to Request a Credit Limit Increase

Hello there. I've been balancing my budget book back and forth the last couple of weeks.
I recently got a Phone Upgrade through Rogers, which is good.
But at the moment I am in between jobs.
I currently have 3 work at home Job Opportunities that may hire me.
However I might have to wait a bit for my first pay.
I have a Credit Limit of $500.
I currently owe $75 and my next bill is due on the 17th.
I am going to put this months GST towards the bill.
I think I'll have the money to maintain the phone soon.
My problem is, I have a Credit Limit of $500 and the Financing for the phone along with the plan adds up to be $160-$170.
I know some people in the past that have gotten their Credit Limit raised to keep service on their phone.
My question is:

1. Is it possible to raise my Credit Limit?
2. Would it be better to do it ahead of time with a low balance?

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks.
-------Peter

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to Request a Credit Limit Increase

Greetings @Zenarith,

We hope this message finds you well and in good spirits! 😊

We understand the importance of keeping connected with loved ones during this very challenging time. You'll be happy to know that from March 6 until June 30, we will ensure accounts will not be suspended or disconnected for any customers experiencing financial difficulties. In addition, we will support our customers facing financial uncertainty because of COVID-19 with more flexible payment options.

If you know you'll be late in making your payments, I would recommend reaching out to our Credit Operations Team to discuss some payment arrangements. Here is how they may be contacted:

By Telephone: 1-866-346-3430 
Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. (ET)–midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 a.m. (ET) – 9:00 p.m. (ET)

By Text Message to Short Code: 40014
Sunday - Closed

Via Live Chat Service Online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

*Select 'Billing & Payments" and then "Outstanding Accounts & Payment Inquiries>"
Monday to Friday from 7:00 am-midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 am - 9 pm (ET)
Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm (ET)

For more information and updates on how we are assisting our customers during COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.

If you are not interested in making payment arrangements and your main concern is only increasing your current Credit Limit Amount, please feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can have a look and see how we can assist with that.  For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Stay safe!

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to Request a Credit Limit Increase

Greetings @Zenarith,

We hope this message finds you well and in good spirits! 😊

We understand the importance of keeping connected with loved ones during this very challenging time. You'll be happy to know that from March 6 until June 30, we will ensure accounts will not be suspended or disconnected for any customers experiencing financial difficulties. In addition, we will support our customers facing financial uncertainty because of COVID-19 with more flexible payment options.

If you know you'll be late in making your payments, I would recommend reaching out to our Credit Operations Team to discuss some payment arrangements. Here is how they may be contacted:

By Telephone: 1-866-346-3430 

By Text Message to Short Code: 40014
Sunday - Closed

Via Live Chat Service Online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

*Select 'Billing & Payments" and then "Outstanding Accounts & Payment Inquiries>"
Monday to Friday from 7:00 am-midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 am - 9 pm (ET)
Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm (ET)

For more information and updates on how we are assisting our customers during COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.

If you are not interested in making payment arrangements and your main concern is only increasing your current Credit Limit Amount, please feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can have a look and see how we can assist with that.  For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Stay safe!

RogersLaura

View solution in original post