How long does Rogers send me my refund

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: How long does Rogers send me my refund

Waiting for a credit refund since March 2017 - Incredible!

It's been almost five months since I requested a refund from Rogers for $56.50. I had closed my account a few years ago, but called Rogers in March as I had an iPhone that I had thought was locked to Rogers and I needed it unlocked for my son to use with another service. The customer service rep charged my credit card  $56.50 to unlock my phone, but discovered within two minutes that he was unable to unlock it. Turns out the phone was locked to Bell Canada, NOT to Rogers. He told me that the money would be refunded to my credit card as no service was performed. It now going on five months and Rogers will not refund my money. I call Rogers customer service line every three weeks and here are some of the excuses I have received for as why my credit card has not been refunded:

• They had the wrong address to mail my cheque to;
  • There was an error in the way the request was put through
  • The credit is for an open account, but my account is closed so that complicated things
  • The service rep is not certain why it has not been refunded but he/she has fixed it and the refund will appear in five business days.

I have wasted two hours of my life that I will not get back, sitting on the phone with these various reps and sure enough, three weeks will pass by and still a credit sits on my closed account. When I ask to speak to the manager on duty, I am put on hold for a good 25 minutes more and then told that the manager is not available. Here is the case number that I was issued during my latest jerk around "Case Number 124759370". 

It really should not be this difficult to make the refund: it took Rogers less than 15 seconds to charge my card, it should not take five months to return the money.

Hello @kidsndog,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. 5 months is far too long to be waiting for a credit, and I totally understand your frustration.  We would be happy to look into this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

Business days or Calendar days? My last invoice is from Dec 14, 2017. If it is Calendar the refund should have been done on January 10, if it's business, on January 25. We are on Feb 7 and I have not received anything.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Any company doing stuff like this, ALWAYS assume business days.
(phone, internet, cell, gas, eletric, taxes, etc)

That will also be the possible days to process? Might take a number of day to mail out.  
But that should still be there by now.

May have to call in and see what state its in?

I've Been Around

I have 2 accounts & payment posted on another account. Is that possible to transfer this credit to my account ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No one on here, even the mods would be able to deal with billing stuff like that.

You would need to call in and talk to someone in the billing dept and they can probably answer for you.

Good evening @dipesh1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

I understand that making payments to separate accounts can be confusing and we hope you were able to get this recitified since you originally posted.

If it has not yet been, you can find how to reach one of our representatives, for immediate resolution, by visiting www.rogers.com/contactus.

We could definitely assist you further by reassigning the misapplied payment if you would like. To initiate the transaction, please get in touch with us in private so we can discuss your account. 

Kindly, send us via Private Message @CommunityHelps when you're online and available to go through the authentication process. You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Hi there , I made a payment through my bank account and cancel it the next day as I make a mistake in the amount , but it's been already over 4 week that I cancel it and on my Rogers online it say my account was not charge that the payment didn't go through but the money never went back in my bank account since , so what's going on , I can't afford loosing that money

Good evening @dignardangel,

Welcome and thank you for posting to the Rogers Community!

I know what it's like to wait for a refund.

Have you done this process through Rogers or directly through your bank?

If you asked the bank to withdraw the payment made, you may want to verify with them directly.

If you need further assistance, we may have to take a look at your account.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our private message system, click here for more info!

We certainly want to assist you in reaching a resolution.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude