How do I pay off my Device Tab Balance?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I would like to know how much it would be to buy out my phone.

**Added Labels**

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I pay off my Device Tab Balance?

Hey @Bootiboots

Welcome to the community 🙂 

Knowing the details about your plan, including the subsidy balance of your device is important. You can view the subsidy balance of your device by logging into your online MyRogers account and then selecting the number associated with your device and you will find device balance as an option. 

If you have any further questions, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we would be more than happy to take a look. 

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

Thanks. 

RogersAli 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello, just wondering how you can pay of a remaking flextab? Do I need to go to a local Rogers store? Is there a way to pay it off online? 

Highlighted

Hello @Kangdaniel,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I understand that you may need to pay off the amount left on your previous device subsidy. It would be my pleasure to provide you with the information you need to do so.

There are different transactions that generate the FLEXtab to be charged.

To clarify, are you planning on cancelling your line or looking into a potential hardware upgrade?

The FLEXtab amount is normally charged to the invoice following a hardware upgrade. You'll only have to pay for the subsidy that was remaining on the previous device you obtained with a renewal of your term.

The other instance, where that amount is generated to your account, is when you terminate the service. The subsidy left to pay on your phone appears on the final invoice.

Finally, if you are currently on a Tab (Premium or Premium +, for example) and you’re thinking of changing your plan to a “No Tab”, the FLEXtab is billed to your account and due on the next invoice.

In the scenarios described above, the FLEXtab appears as another charge on your monthly bill. That means you can pay it like you normally pay your regular invoices, whether it is by credit card or internet banking etc.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can I pay off my tab balance early before my contract expires?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @11bobsyouruncle

Yes you can! Just contact Rogers and tell them you want to pay off the remaining balance off. The agent will ask you why and what not but explain you will like to pay it off early now. They should be able to help you with that.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello All,

I currently have an IPhoneXS on a 2 year term which started on October 22 2018. I have $554.16 to go on that tab at $39.58 per month on top of my current plan and 14 payments left before I’m in the clear. 

My my question is, that 39.58 hurts pretty bad, is it at all possible for me to pay $239.58 toward my balance making it $314.58? and then for the remaining 14 months pay $22.47 a month for my phone instead of the painful 39.58? 

I could even put a little more down, Just not the entire device balance at this time.

Hopefully my math holds up!

Thanks Everyone.

Highlighted

Good morning and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @andrew101!

Typically the FLEXtab balance automatically decreases monthly and the balance zeros at end of a 2-year term. However it is possible for you to make a partial payment towards the balance. The charge would be added to the next bill. To confirm the exact pricing we would need to review your account. 

If you want to make a payment towards the FLEXtab balance on your line please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for account support. Not sure how our private message system works? Please click here to learn more 🙂.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pay off phone

Highlighted

Good evening @Sarbjeet92,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Are you looking to pay off the current device balance? Is it so you can upgrade to a new phone? 

The FLEXtab amount is normally charged to the invoice following the hardware upgrade. You will only have to pay for the subsidy that is remaining on the current device. If you're not looking for a new phone and just want to pay off the FLEXtab, the amount can be billed to your next invoice.

If you're looking to do either of the above, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for account support. Not sure how our private message system works? Please click here to learn more :).

RogersZia