How do I find my wireless price plan details?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How do I find my wireless price plan details?

How do I find my wireless phone plan details?

I log in to my rogers and can select another plan but I can't see my plan details.

How do I find out what they are?

I have a socialite 20 plan.

I have found an archived plan change from 2015 but it says I have free phone from 3pm to 6pm - that seems wrong. Shouldn't it be until 6am?

Anyway I can't find it.

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Re: How do I find my wireless price plan details?

Hi @Strider22,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post.

In order to avoid any surprise charges it's always good to know what exactly your plan includes. You are currently on a grandfathered plan. The $20 Socialite plan only includes unlimited local calls from 3pm - 6pm everyday. The other tiers under the Socialite plan depending on the price used to have either unlimited evenings and/or weekends.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

Yes. the question I have is:
How do I find my wireless price plan?
I'm a Senior Advisor

The answer unfortunately, is you can't find it on a Rogers site anywhere.

Simple answer and your only option for clarity is:

No you can't find it, or any other legacy plan, you have to contact them in confidence through the various channels and ask.

All you can do is chat in, use any of the social media methods in the private messaging available, or the @CommunityHelps here through the messaging system internal, or phone in.

All will be able to open your account and tell you exactly what you have assigned to your service - it typically will be found broken down on your bill, but not always in an easily understandable manner.

So no you can't find it on your own, you have to contact them somehow and ask.

End of summary answer - balance is just general comments on the topic and things to ask when you call in to be fully informed.

Even though you have just been advised what your plan offers, yours may very easily have some extras that are unique to you deending upon what interactions and changes, add-ons, etc you have had offered along the way.

But make it clear that you just want to understand what you have.  Don't let them take you down the road of what you could have instead with the can I tell you about what more we could give you by looking at current plans.

Just say nope, I will contact you again, if I want to discuss that.  I avoid, listening to the explanation just out of curiousity anymore, because then you need to be prepared for the very well prepared selling and marketing that has been well designed upon knowing how to influence consumer behaviour, which is all part of business.

They have to ask, but you don't have to say yes.  It is your decision.

When you get it, write it all down so you understand it and file it somewhere where you can easily find it, and ask for the terms and conditions that apply specifically to your current plan - cancellation options, ability of them to change it, can you stay with what you have, what happens if I change - as mentioned before, you will lose it all once you change, and no turning back - CRTC mandates that they must clearly tell you this now upfront, but it helps if you know in advance, so yes do ask for it all.

They probably will have nothing they can send you or mail you, it is not generally easily available to front line CSR's, but they can see it on their screens and search their knowledge base, so you will need to write it down, or type it down, and do clarify all details until you fully understand it all, then keep it somewhere safe and keep it handy anytime you enter a discussion with any Rogers staff, and even when asking questions here - no one here, except for communityhelps, or a moderator in private can go into your account and know exactly what you have.  Even if the person here is an employee, they can't discuss it in open, and if not part of community helps discussion, they can't even discuss it even if they have access without getting your consent in confidence and usually your pin.

Hope that helps you and others who are trying to find that kind of information.

Bruce

Good day @Strider22,

Were you referring to this page for the per minute rates increase from 2015?

If you do a quick search for "Socialite 20", you'll find what is included in your grandfathered plan:

• Unlimited Canadian Text Messaging
  • 100MB of data
  • Unlimited Local Calling 3pm - 6pm daily
  • 50¢/minute for all other minutes (airtime and long distance) 

This plan also includes call display, call waiting, voicemail and call forwarding.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:

The answer unfortunately, is you can't find it on a Rogers site anywhere.

Simple answer and your only option for clarity is:

No you can't find it, or any other legacy plan, you have to contact them in confidence through the various channels and ask.

All you can do is chat in, use any of the social media methods in the private messaging available, or the @CommunityHelps here through the messaging system internal, or phone in.

The reason is simple. Lately Rogers has introduced new plans that offer less content for more money, particularly in Cable TV. That's why they hide the legacy plans that had far more value. Think very carefully before upgrading to any new plan, because more than likely it will in fact be a downgrade.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Does local calling include 1-800 numbers?

I'm a Senior Advisor

All 800 numbers are free, unless they're U.S. only.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

First, I am uncomfortable with archived plan details as there is no assurance that I am looking at the latest plan. I note that the plan details I find archived are a change in my plan from $0.25 per minute to $0.50 a minute. What if it changed again but is not archived or searchable. Shouldn't I be able to find my plan and know what is in it.

Second, The archived page also mentions that "Other services are available at applicable pay-per-use rates." Without providing information about what those services are or what the rates are. The archived page is incomplete.

Third, the plan used to be 3pm to 6am and was changed to 6pm. That timeframe makes little sense. I can't see the benefit of it.  I think this change was a typo but they left it that way.

Fourth re 800 numbers. If I pay $0.50 a minute are they still free? I would believe not.

Fifth, Thanks for the help.

I'm Here A Lot

My plan used to be
Plan code: 709F1MTH
My Rate Plan
By the Month - Socialite 20
By the Month - $20 monthly fee for Unlimited Text Messaging,
100MB of wireless internet,
Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing
Unlimited Local Calling 3pm - 6pm,
25¢/minute for all other minutes

Note the plan code. It is gone totally from the website. Note the unlimited mobile browsing.

How can someone else mark my query as solved?