How do I delete my account on Community Forums?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I delete my account on Community Forums?

I no longer want this account. It's completely useless as the forum is not open to critism of Rogers Services, which ius the only reason I created the profile. I have gone into Profile, Settings, and Help, and no where have I found a way to delete this account.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: How do I delete my account on Community Forums?

@Irritated,

I'm sorry to hear you no longer wish to participate in the Community Smiley Sad

Unfortunately, we cannot delete one's username or content. However, we can place a ban on your account so you wouldn't be able to log in or post anymore.

We will be sending you a private message from @CommunityHelps to get the ball rolling.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Irritated wrote:

I no longer want this account. It's completely useless as the forum is not open to critism of Rogers Services, which ius the only reason I created the profile. I have gone into Profile, Settings, and Help, and no where have I found a way to delete this account.

What you can do is go to My Settings : Subscriptions & Notifications and uncheck all and you won't get any more notifications and you can just forget about it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Irritated wrote:

Not open to criticism of Rogers services?  Have you seen the 150 page thread on Navigatr?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Lurker wrote:

@Irritated wrote:

Not open to criticism of Rogers services?  Have you seen the 150 page thread on Navigatr?

Crazy!

Probably some useful information there but I stopped reading ages ago.  Since there is no way of knowing what you read, the effort in finding your spot is not worth my time.

When they redesigned the forums they should have made it threaded with highlighted of the posts that were already read like some ot the other forums out there!

I'm a Senior Advisor

mfait wrote:

When they redesigned the forums they should have made it threaded with highlighted of the posts that were already read like some ot the other forums out there!

Yes, the forums are awkward to navigate and find new posts and replies. They're different from just about any other forums on the Internet that I monitor. What I do is require email notifications for replies in any threads I post in and follow. After reading the posts from Notifications, I select subforums that interest me and read all new posts in bold. But the navigation is broken in that clicking Message Listing at the bottom only returns you to the newest page half the time. I have posted in Idea Box to start a subforum exclusively for the discussion and resolution of Forum problems.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Irritated

If what you really want to do is speak about Roger's shortcomings without being edited, you can always try other forums such as DSL Reports or Digital Home. Otherwise, I would agree with previous posts about the Navigatr thread. The mods here have been pretty tolerant of the criticism being directed at Navigatr even if Rogers is not really listening!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I did undo my subscriptions, it was driving me a bit mental as my post was moved to a busy thread.
I think it's pretty anti-customer to censor customers from sharing their poor customer service episodes with one another. Learning together what doesn't work is better than shouting at the wind alone each time. 

Good luck to all in getting resolutions.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Irritated

Just one additional comment. The two forums I posted about above are monitored by Rogers. Once in a while, they even post a comment - not often - because they lack the control that they have in their own forums. However, they are well aware of what is being said about them in other forums, so even if they do not reply, they will be reading your posts!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As others have mentioned.. at least in my experince from what i have seen in my time here.. is that the they only sensor stuff that in un-apropriate or goes against the forum TOS.

There are BILLIONS of posts on here about complaints, poor service, etc.

But they will remove foul language, direct attacks on people/specific rogers empoyees, etc.

Posts are consolodated together, to make things on the same topic together.. so if someone is trying to find a post on a specfic topic.. can be found all in one place.