How do I activate roam like home before travelling?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do I activate roam like home before travelling?

I am leaving for Europe on Thursday and have RLH coverage. What do I need to do in advance to arrange this with Rogers? Will I automatically get a text when I land or do I arrange from Canada?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I activate roam like home before travelling?

Hello @Lpaddle!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

Please remember to use the Search feature before creating a new post as your question may have already been answered. 

We've posted this handy "How-to" article for our customers here: How To: Use ROAM LIKE HOME

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lpaddle

The best thing to do is contact Rogers (*611 from your cellphone) and have them add it before you leave. This way it's added without any issues.

If you are near by a Rogers store, u can also go in and have them do it for u!

Alternative you can speak to @CommunityHelps or on Facebook Rogers and they can add it for u as well!
Highlighted

Hello @Lpaddle!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

Please remember to use the Search feature before creating a new post as your question may have already been answered. 

We've posted this handy "How-to" article for our customers here: How To: Use ROAM LIKE HOME

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just a comment @RogersCorey  They wouldn't remember to do the search because they are a brand new member.  The search is generally not a great tool on the forums - I just did the search on Roam Like Home and it shows this new thread, but what it returned to me was a long list of discussions about Roam like home, none of which spoke to this question.

I usually find what I need on the forums by using Google to do the search for me "rogers community forums (add the topic)"

I am glad you pointed the OP to the reference page - I would not have thought of that, nor would I have known where to find it to be honest.  I know there is somewhere here where one can find these reference docs.

Just thought I would comment on just how limited the search feature can be.

Bruce

Highlighted

Hi @BS,

The search feature is quite useful! I actually found that thread using it Smiley Happy If you jump to the second page after searching "roam like home" it's the top result.

It takes a tiny bit of digging, but it's there! I just thought to respond here because it'll make searching for this topic easier in the future.

Thanks for the feedback! As always!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I did find it.  Problem is that I didn't clue into clicking on the magnifying glass and just went with the suggested list - Like I said, not necessarily that intuitive, but now I know.

I will still stick to using Google - much more powerful search features, and almost everything here can be found there.

Personal preferences - I have never really liked the layout and functionality of the board, it's absence of subthreads, the tendency to put a solution, and rather than just closing it once the conclusion is provided and check off, then we then add more because the solution for one is often not the solution for others, so in a way belongs in what I would call a subthread.

I know it has one awards, but I have learned to work with most of the limitations of the design and layout.

One suggestion though - if it is identified that the post really belongs to another thread, let's develop a standardardized method of moving new items into a consistent model of placing items into appropriate threads.

Just some thoughts.  Thanks for letting me know the solution that I couldn't find on my own.  I may no a lot, but not everything. Smiley Happy

As always, thanks for the assistance and clarification. It will be good advise for others, not that it is likely that after this thread drifts into the woodwork, anyone will find it again.

Is there somewhere that describes how to do all the features of the forum - I will be honest, I haven't searched it all.  There is tons I don't know how to do, I find out, I do it once and then a month later or so, can't remember it again.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Roaming in Rome Italy

We’re heading to Italy for a few weeks and will want to have data. Is there a process I need to follow for roaming like home? Or do I use my phone as normal and the $12 a day charge automatically happens as long as I have roaming enabled. TIA

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Nuckfan1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. 

The last thing you need to worry about abroad/travelling, is coming home to unexpected roaming charges. The thought can be scary, so I totally understand your concern. 

Here's how to get started:

roam.PNG

For more information, check out our support page for Roam Like Home. Safe Travels @Nuckfan1!

Kind Regards,

RogersCilio

PS, How bout them Leafs ;)?