How can I cancel/change subscription for Rogers Magazine service?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

How can I cancel/change subscription for Rogers Magazine service?

There is no information on Rogers website on how to cancel/change the subscribtion for magazines I get every month. I tried logging into RogersMagazineService website with the same email address I use for my rogers bills but don't seem to have an account. I would very much like to know I am in control of whatever I pay for, all the time. 

How is it possible that Rogers just doesn't offer this information anywhere? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How can I cancel/change subscription for Rogers Magazine service?

Hello ZZZBlue

You can call in or speak to them over Live Chat & see if they can change it / cancel it for u.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think with alot of services..  you cant cancel automaticaly them on the websites anymore.. even ADDING things often requires one to call in, etc.
(since the same account login is used for the video on demand services, etc.. to easy for say a kid to have access to the account then and cancel/add something).

So may have to contact them via chat or phone to cancel them.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is correct. Most services can only be cancelled in store, over Live chat and over the phone. They have done this for security and safety for the account and account holder.
I've Been Around

It's more that they couldn't be bothered. I doubt that the ability to cancel a magazine subscription through a secure website in is a security issue.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Angelyne

They used to have it and then took it down due to account security problems. Websites even with the highest security can easily get hacked especially if it contains use information.
I've Been Around

Every day / month you keep a service because it's too hard / complicated to cancel is $ in rogers pocket. 

I've Been Around

I have the same issue.  I called and they eferred me to another website.  If I can't get this done in 10 minutes, I will cancel my phones and go somewhere else.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello Angelyne

They used to have it and then took it down due to account security problems. Websites even with the highest security can easily get hacked especially if it contains use information.

Why is it we can do business with all kinds of other companies and they can supposedly provide secure websites but Rogers  can't ?

Just like why is It that I'm shown as being online  here yet still have to sign in to  post ... I can't even click on the  icon to sign out.  I have to sign in to get the proper icon to come up to sign out. 

In that regard I agree it is wise that with the challenges they seem to have that Rogers does not try to provide a secure site .... it's just dissapointing and  very disconcerting when it seems that others can.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

In fact I've purposely signed out twice now  ... and gone elsewhere and come back to find  I'm still online here .... yes ... meowmix,  don't bother addressing above qestion ,I can understand the security concerns  and why calling in is the safest way of doing things  with this company. Smiley Wink