cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Cancel Home Phone Service?

Aileenc
I've been here awhile

How do I cancel a home phone to which I have never used, but yet my account is being charged almost $15 every month.
It's worst enough to see a monthly billing of over $300, my car payment and insurance doesn't even come close to that amount.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How Can I Cancel Home Phone Service?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

But make sure you get all the information as well from them, before they completely press the button to cancel it.

Depending on how your account is set up, the home phone may be set up as part of a bundle?
Canceling the phone, might trigger a bundle to cancel.  There might be $30-50 savings off the other stuff which is happening due to the bundle?  
Canceling the home phone, might put those up to the REGULAR pricing for those items, and increase the bill too 😞

All in all, call them and talk to them and figure out what can be done.
If it can be safely removed without anything else.  
Or they might be able to come up with some other better package with better pricing period overall.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
you should be able to phone into rogers and tell them you want to disconnect it, not sure if they do it for you right away or connect you to the cancellation team who will process the disconnect.

if you are paying for something you do not use or do not want any more then yes its wise to cancel it.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

But make sure you get all the information as well from them, before they completely press the button to cancel it.

Depending on how your account is set up, the home phone may be set up as part of a bundle?
Canceling the phone, might trigger a bundle to cancel.  There might be $30-50 savings off the other stuff which is happening due to the bundle?  
Canceling the home phone, might put those up to the REGULAR pricing for those items, and increase the bill too 😞

All in all, call them and talk to them and figure out what can be done.
If it can be safely removed without anything else.  
Or they might be able to come up with some other better package with better pricing period overall.

Aileenc
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the advice. I always forget that's there's always the fine print, talk about preaching water, and be drinking wine.
I will look into it further and I will call, your help is very appreciated.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation