Hotspot

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Hotspot

Sorry if this is a repeated topic, but having a hard time finding a definite answer.

I have a Galaxy Nexus, and if I turn on hotspot, will Rogers charge me for tethering, or will it simply use my regular data plan with no extra charges? Thanks!

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Re: Hotspot

If you already have a data plan that you will not be charged anything extra for enabling the Mobile AP (aka Hotspot). Any usage will be deducted from your data plan on your smartphone plan. Only way you will be charged extra is if you go over your data plan allowance.

In addition you typically will need at least a 1GB data plan to be able to use this feature.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Hotspot

Thanks a lot.. I have a 6 gig plan so I should be ok!

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Hotspot (Galaxy)

Not sure whether it applies to other Android phones.. but I finally figured out that the reason my S4 Hotspot wasn't working was b/c I was subscribed to Rogers One Number (VOIP) service.  So, just call Rogers to remove that and your phone's Hotspot will work.

Before the fix, my phone itself would also lose Internet connectivity (for myself) when the Hotspot was turned on for nearby phones.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello garfield_h20

I heard this only for the Galaxy S line, my Note 3 and Lg G2 work fine with Rogers One Number.

Glad to see it worked after doing that.
I Plan to Stick Around

My HTC ONE and Galaxy Note 8.0 work perfectly with mobile hotspot and I have One Number running on my account and devices.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nerds2You

Exactly! It could just be the S4 causing this or something. My Note 3 works fine with it.